CAT 2018 Selection Procedure – The selection procedure for CAT 2018 will commence soon after the declaration of the result and release of the cutoff by IIMs and other participating institutes. Further, all the participating institutes conduct the selection procedure separately for the admission procedure. For shortlisting the candidates for selection procedure round, it will be checked if the candidates fulfill the cutoff percentile set up by the institute or not. Those who will fulfill the criteria will be called for this round wherein candidates have to go through Group Discussion (GD), Writing Ability Test (WAT), and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. After completion of all these round and on the basis of previous academic records, work experience etc. the final selection of the candidates will be done. Therefore, to know the detailed information about the same, study the article thoroughly and fetch all the information provided here minutely.
The shortlisting processes of the CAT participating institutes are as given below:
- Each participating institute has their own cutoff percentile.
- MBA applicants must apply to the institutes accepting CAT scores within the deadline.
- Based on their CAT 2018 percentile and past academic records the admission committee of the institutes assesses the candidates’ eligibility.
- Qualifying candidates will be shortlisted for the next round of CAT selection procedure 2018.
Now, let’s see the criteria for CAT selection procedure for B- Schools
CAT 2017 Selection Procedure at Non-IIM B-schools
- The non-IIM B-schools conduct selection procedure separately and there is no system for the common process.
- The selection procedure includes Writing Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview.
- The institutes such as MICA and IMT Ghaziabad conduct Group Activity instead of Group Discussion as GD round turns to fish market and the candidates are not able to express their thoughts.
- There are some participating institutes that conduct Group Discussion or Group Activity as well as essay writing, writing ability test along with Personal Interview rounds.
CAT Selection Procedure 2018: About IIM Colleges
There are 20 IIM colleges across India and the overall selection procedure of CAT 2018 will be similar across all IIMs, however, the weightage of each component is similar.
- The admission criteria are released in advance by IIMs after the announcement of CAT. According to the IIM admission criteria, the aspirants are shortlisted on the basis of CAT percentile that matches the IIMs cutoffs. As the candidates are shortlisted they need to appear for the next round that is for WAT and PI round.
- The old IIMs participating institute will conduct the CAT selection procedure separately whereas the new participating institute will conduct Common Admission Process (CAP) rounds. In the CAP round the participating institute shortlist the candidate for WAT and PI round where all IIM representatives can assess their performance. After the completion of CAP round, The IIMs will declare merit list institute wise based on the admission and selection criteria.
- In 2015-16 new IIMs were established, these are IIM Srimaur, IIM Nagpur, and IIM Jammu. These institutes release the merit list on the basis of CAT percentile and they do not conduct the GD, WAT or PI rounds.
Feel free to solve your queries related to CAT 2018 selection procedure, you can leave your comment in the given below comment box.