CAT 2018 Score Card– The scorecard or result of CAT 2018 has been declared today i.e. on 5th January 2019 by the examination conducting authority i.e. IIM Calcutta. Candidates to download the CAT 2018 scorecard have to visit the website of CAT as it has been made available in online mode only rather than sending the candidates via post or any other medium. On the scorecard or result of CAT 2018, both sectional, as well as an overall score of the candidates are mentioned. Post declaration of the result, each participating institute will release the cutoff percentile. Accordingly, those candidates who will fulfill the cutoff percentile will get shortlisted for the further round that is selection procedure. In selection procedure round, candidates have to participate in Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. Further, based on performance in written exam of CAT 2018, GD and PI rounds, previous academic records etc, candidates will get selected to take admission in the B-school for postgraduate management programs such as MBA, PGDM etc. Therefore, at last, candidates are recommended to read the article to have detailed information about CAT 2018 scorecard and also, stay updated to our website for the latest information related to CAT 2018 scorecard.
CAT 2018 Scorecard Declaration Date
|Cat 2018 Exam Date||25th November 2018 (Concluded)|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Scorecard||5th January 2019 (Declared)|
|List of the Shortlisted Candidates for Selection Procedure Round||Last week of January 2019|
|Final Selection of the candidates||April 2019|
CAT 2018 Result (Score Card) has been declared on 5th January 2019 through login. Click here to check result.
How to Check CAT 2018 Score Card
The procedure to check the result is quite simple and the scorecard can be downloaded and viewed in the official website of CAT. Below are the steps one can find to check CAT 2018 Score Card:
- CAT 2018 total scored percentage is sent to registered mobile numbers of the candidates.
- Candidates to download the result cum scorecard have to visit the official website
- To download, first candidates must click on “Download CAT 2018 Score Card”
- Next candidates must “login to view” the result through using their registered id and password. Option to download the scorecard will appear on your computer screen clicking which the candidates can download their scorecard.
- Candidates after downloading their scorecard must save a copy of it and keep a print out of it.
Details Mentioned on CAT 2018 Score Card
- Candidates’ Name
- Parent’s Name
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- PWD Status
- Overall Score
- Sectional Score
The validity of CAT 2018 Score Card
The Scorecard of CAT 2018 will remain valid for 1 year; it means candidates can get into any participating institutes for postgraduate management programs until 31st December 2019. Moreover, the candidates can download the CAT 2018 scorecard and can query for the same until the deadline mentioned above.
CAT Score Calculation using CAT 2018 Scorecard
The calculation of overall and sectional score are done on the basis of marking scheme according to which the candidates for each correct answer are awarded 3 marks whereas, for choosing the incorrect option, 1 mark is deducted. However, the negative marking is made applicable for MCQs merely and for Non-MCQs, no mark is deducted.
CAT 2018 Normalization Process
CAT 2018 exam was conducted in two shifts and each shift had different question paper. Accordingly, the difficulty level of each question set varies. Therefore, to ensure fairness and equity in the marking process, the normalization process is followed by the concerned authorities. To know more, candidates must go through the example which is mentioned below:
For instance – Suppose there are 500 candidates appeared including both the shift in two different cities which are X and Y. Now, coming to the difficulty level of the exam, the question set in Shift 1 had the tougher question as compared to Shift 2. Moreover, candidates hailing from city Y and being Hindi medium students had to face the questions in English Language which was supposed to be tough for them. Now, the average score of the candidates in Shift 1 is 150 and those of Shift 2 is 130. Apart from this, the average score of candidates from City X is 110 and City Y is 100.
Therefore, comparing the score of candidates from City X and Y and those who appeared in Shift 1 and 2 on the same parameter would not be fair for them. So the score of the candidates who turned up in Shift 2 and those belonging to City Y would be multiplied by a number of multiple factors which are below-cited:
- Lowest Score
- Highest Score
- Lowest 10 percentiles score
- Top 10 percentiles score
- Other deviations such as educational background, city etc.
- After preparing the CAT result, it undergoes the normalization process.
- However, the authorities have not disclosed the process of normalization. As per the brochure, first of all, the process is applied location-wise and then the differences in score distributions are scaled across different forms.
Post Declaration of CAT 2018 Scorecard
Since the CAT 2018 scorecard has been released, each participating institute that accepts the score of CAT exam will release the cutoff percentile. Further, those candidates who had applied for that particular institute fulfills the cutoff percentile will get shortlisted for the selection procedure round wherein the candidates have to go through Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview. Moreover, after completion of these rounds, the final merit list will be released which is calculated on the basis of CAT score, performance in WAT, GD, and PI rounds, educational qualification, work experience etc. Accordingly, the candidates will be able to get into their choice of college/university or Institute.
Important Guidelines for CAT 2018 Score Card:
- Candidates who have appeared for the CAT 2018 exam are entitled to take the scorecard.
- Candidates must note that the scorecard will not be sent by email or post
- Total percentile means total marks obtained by the candidate.
- CAT 2018 Score Card is the main criteria for selection by IIMs or Non-IIMs institutes across India.
- It must be noted that IIMs and other top management business schools have their own selection process based on the marks achieved in CAT Exam 2018.
- The overall score is the score obtained by the candidate in each section of the paper which comprises of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and the last section is of Quantitative Ability.
CAT 2018 Score Card will be valid only for 1 academic year.
Every year, lakhs of aspiring students appear for CAT exams as it’s a golden opportunity for them to get admissions in top management and business schools in India. Planning, dedication, and hard work are the foundations for success. We wish all aspiring CAT 2018 candidates best of luck.