CAT 2018 Result – The most waited time for the applicants ends with the release of the CAT result. The candidates appearing for CAT 2018 exam can be downloaded from the official website of IIMs, as no hard copy of the result will be sent by post. The result will be most likely to be announced in the second week of January 2019. The result of CAT 2018 will be in the form of score card consisting both overall as well as sectional scaled scores and percentiles. The percentile of CAT exam will be sent through SMS on the registered mobile number of the candidate and are advised to keep till the admission process is over. Hence, the result will be valid only for one year i.e. till December 31, 2018. With the announcement of the result the participating institutes will release their cutoff and list of the shortlisted candidates for the final selection. CAT 2018 is scheduled on November 25. Candidate must read this article to fetch the authentic information on CAT 2018 Result like how to download important dates pertaining to CAT 2018 result etc.
CAT 2018 Result: Important Dates to Remember
The important dates related to CAT 2018 result are given below:
|CAT Exam Events||Dates|
|CAT 2018 Exam||25th November 2018|
|Release of CAT 2018 Result||1st or 2nd week of January 2019|
|Shortlisting Process||4th week of January 2019|
|Selection Procedure||February – March 2019|
|Final Selection||April 2019|
How to check the CAT 2018 Result?
For the connivance of aspirants, a step by step procedure is given to download the CAT 2018 Result. The steps are discussed below:
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of CAT 2018 or click on the link given.
- Login with the registration credentials – user id and password
- Click on the tab ‘login’
- Click on the tab ‘Score Card’ and download your CAT 2018 result cum scorecard.
- The last step is to take a print, save and preserve CAT 2018 Score card till the admission process will be completed
Information Printed on CAT 2018 Result cum Score Card
The following details will be printed on the CAT 2018 scorecard cum result:
- Name of the candidate.
- Candidate’s contact details and email ID.
- Date and time of the examination.
- Date of birth.
- Overall percentile
- Overall score
- Instructions for post of CAT 2018 result.
- Section 1 percentile(VARC)
- Section 2 percentile (Data interpretation and logical reasoning)
- Section 2 percentile (Quantitative ability)
- Unique ID and registration number.
- Scaled score of section 1 (verbal ability and reading comprehension).
- Scaled score of section 2 (Data interpretation and logical reasoning)
- Scaled score of section 3 (Quantitative ability)
How is CAT 2018 Result Calculated?
- According to CAT 2018 marking scheme, three marks will be awarded to each correct response.
- For every incorrect answer, there will be negative marking as well. For every incorrect response, there will be a deduction of one mark.
- However, negative marking is applicable for Non-MCQ’s.
Highlights: CAT 2018 Result
- The overall scaled score is the sum of scaled scores of all the three sections.
- People often get confuse between percentile and percentage. Percentile is who receive score more or less than the candidate.
- All the queries related to CAT 2018 result cum scorecard will be solved by IIM.No examination centre will solve any sort of any query or question.
- The candidates appearing for the examination are eligible to receive scorecard cum result. Candidates are advised to keep the copy of CAT 2018 result until the admission procedure gets over.
- CAT 2018 scorecard is valid until one year i.e 31st December 2019.
- IIM’s and non-IIM institutes independently take decisions for the usage of CAT’s score. There are further steps in the admission procedure after the CAT 2018 Examination.
- Detection of instances of incorrect information and process violation by a candidate at any stage can result in disqualification of the candidate. Candidate’s score will become null and void and he/she will not be allowed to appear for CAT in future. If any issues related to the information are undetected during the current selection process but are detected in subsequent years, such disqualification will take place with retrospective effect.
feel free to ask any question or query regarding CAT 2018 result, our experts will reach you with the best possible results available