CAT 2018 Registration – The registration process for CAT 2018 has been commenced from 8th of August and will be continued until 26th September 2018 in online mode only. First of all, the candidates have to click on the registration tab in order to fill the important personal details such as name, address, valid email id, and mobile number etc. After done with the registration process, the candidates will receive an email or SMS containing the user ID and password that will be further used at the time of filling up the application form to appear in the CAT 2018 main exam. The candidates are suggested to go through the eligibility criteria once before doing the registration or filling the application form as if any candidate does not fulfill the requirement, his/her application form will get rejected by the examination authority. Apart from all these, the candidates if infill any wrong detail will get a chance to edit after the opening of application form correction window from 27th September and will continue until 30th September 2018. But, try to infill all the correct details in the first attempt merely and on the priority basis to avoid last minute rush. Therefore, the candidate must read this article thoroughly to fetch comprehensive information regarding CAT 2018 registration, application fee, registration process etc.
The registration for the CAT 2018 has been started from 8th August 2018 in online mode and will continue until 26th September 2018. The candidates to know the important dates of other events related to CAT 2018 go through the following table:
|CAT 2018 Events||Dates|
|CAT 2018 Notification Releasing Date||29th July 2018|
|Beginning of Filling the Application Form||8th August 2018|
|Last date to submit the CAT 2018 application form||26th September 2018|
|Application correction window of CAT 2018 will be opened on||27th-30th September 2018|
|Availability of CAT 2018 Admit Card||24th October 2018|
|The release of CAT 2018 Mock Test||25th October 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam and Timings||25th November 2018, 9:30 am|
|The release of official Answer Key||December 2018 (2nd week)|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Result||January 2019 (2nd week)|
Before proceeding with the CAT 2018 registration process, we would like all the MBA aspirants to go through the quick overview of CAT 2018.
CAT 2018 Registration Overview
|Name||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Conducting Body||IIM Calcutta|
|Exam type||National level|
|Admissions||IIMs and various B-schools in India|
|CAT 2018 Convener||Prof. Sumanta Basu|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based test (Online test)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in MCQs Section, no negative marking for Non-MCQs or TITA. For the Correct answer, 3 marks will be given|
|Score Validity||One Year|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Types of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and Non-MCQs (Non- Multiple Choice Questions)|
The most important component about which the candidates must know before doing the registration for CAT 2018 must scrutinize the eligibility criteria thoroughly for doing committing any mistake. Therefore, let’s have a glimpse of the eligibility criteria required in order to apply for CAT exam:
- The candidates must have completed their graduation with any of the recognized universities or the candidates waiting for the result of the final year of graduation can also apply for the same.
- However, the candidates belonging to the general or OBC category must have obtained 50% of the aggregate marks to be eligible for CAT 2018 whereas, candidates of the reserved category need 45% in order to apply for the CAT 2018 exam.
- Above all, candidates of any age of fulfilling the above criteria can apply for the exam as there is no age restriction set up by the regulating body i.e. IIM Calcutta.
How to Register for CAT 2018
The process of doing the registration for CAT 2018 is as simple as other exams. Therefore, to know the registration process in an elaborated way, candidates must go through the following steps:
- Candidates need to create their account or say “Profile” on the website of CAT i.e. iimcat.ac.in.
- Enter the generated login credentials and further fill all the required details asked for.
- After filling all the significant details, pay the application fee in online mode via credit card/debit card or net banking.
CAT 2018 Registration Process Guidelines
After fulfilling or meeting the eligibility criteria, candidates must proceed for completing the registration process. But all the candidates need to follow the guidelines for not leading to the cancellation or rejection of the registration or application form. Therefore, go through the following guidelines mentioned as follows:
- The first thing candidates should do is to visit the official website of CAT to create a profile.
- Secondly, enter your name, valid email ID, mobile number and captcha code to generate the login credentials i.e. id and password that will be sent to the registered email id of the candidates.
- Keep all the details ready for filling the application form post completing the registration.
- The work experience to be entered in the application form should in the complete month format like 30th November 2017.
- The candidates have to fill the application form in various steps that are mentioned below.
- However, the candidates if won’t fill the proper information required in the form, their form will not get accepted by the examination conducting authority and will be rejected otherwise.
- The mandatory documents like mark sheets, experience letter, photographs, signature etc. should be uploaded properly else the registration will be considered to be incomplete.
- Moreover, any registered user if forget his/her password can click on forgot password to generate the new password that will be sent to the registered id of the candidates.
- After filling all the significant details along with the application fee, the confirmation mail will be sent to the registered email id of the candidates. However, after the completion of this process, the candidates will get only one chance to make changes after the opening of application form correction window from the 27th September to 30th September 2018.
First of all, the candidates need to register themselves in order to generate the login credentials i.e. ID and Password that will be further used at the time of filling the application form. While doing the registration, the candidates have to fill the basic details like name, valid email id, and mobile number etc. After completion of this process, move ahead for filling the application form:
Candidates hereby need to fill all the personal details including name, date of birth, parent’s name, nationality, category, gender etc. Besides this, a signature and photograph of the candidates also need to be uploaded by the candidates in the prescribed format that is below cited:
- Dimensions of the scanned photograph must be 35 mm x 45 mm.
- Minimum resolution must be 150 pixels.
- Image must be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Dimensions of scanned signature must be 180 mm X 35 mm.
- Image must be in JPEG or JPG format.
- Minimum resolution of an image must be 150 pixels.
Secondly, after filling the personal details, the candidates have to proceed for filling the academic details like name of the board from where the candidates have completed their 10th, 12th or graduation, year of completion, minimum marks obtained, total marks acquired in matriculation (10th), intermediate (12th), and graduation. Besides this, the candidates if done any other professional course can also provide the details of it.
After filling all the required details, the candidates have to fill the details of the work experience in the complete month format like 31st August 2016 along with the industry type application to the candidates.
Furthermore, the candidates have to opt for any of the programs from the 20 IIMs as per their choice. By the way, not only the program but also the interview city must be chosen by the candidates. However, for the 6 new IIMs, candidates have to select the same interview city.
Now, the candidates while filling the application form have to select at least 4 exam centres as per their preference. Moreover, for this, the candidates need to be familiar with the list of updated exam centres set up by the conducting body of CAT 2018 i.e. IIM Calcutta that is mentioned below in the tabular form. Therefore, the candidates must select the exam centre very carefully as further; they will not get any chance to bring any changes in the exam pattern after the opening of the application form correction window. So, try to choose the exam centres properly in first attempt only and submit after checking twice.
|Exam States||Exam Cities|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Chittoor, Kurnool, Nellore|
|Bihar||Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Aurangabad, Gaya|
|Gujarat||Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar|
|Haryana||Palwal, Panipat, Rohtak, Sonipat, Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Faridabad, Gurgaon|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad|
|Karnataka||Mysore, Ramnagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi, Davanagere, Hasan, Kolar, Mandya, Mangalore, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikballapur|
|Kerala||Malappuram, Thrissur, Trivandrum, Kasaragod, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam|
|Madhya Pradesh||Jabalpur, Sagar, Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior|
|Maharashtra||Pune, Ratnagiri, Satara, Solapur, Thane, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Aurangabad, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur|
|Odisha||Rourkela, Sambalpur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Balasore, Berhampur|
|Punjab||Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur, Fatehgarh Sahib, Mohali, Pathankot, Jalandhar, Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Kota, Sikar, Udaipur, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Ajmer, Alwar|
|Tamil Nadu||Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelvelli, Chennai, Madurai, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Coimbatore|
|Telangana||Karim Nagar, Khammam, Hyderabad|
|Uttar Pradesh||Meerut, Noida, Varanasi, Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur|
|West Bengal||Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Asansol, Burdwan|
Lastly, all the candidates in the general category have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1900 and that for the candidates belonging to the reserved category ought to pay Rs. 950/- in online mode via credit card/ debit card or net banking.
|Payment modes||Transaction Charges|
|Credit card (Amex)||2.85 percent of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5|
|Credit card||1.20 percent of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5|
|Net Banking||Rs 20 per transaction|
|Debit card||0.75 percent of the Transaction amount for value up to Rs. 2000 and subject to a minimum of Rs. 5|
|1.00% of Transaction amount for the value|
Significant Documents Required While filling up of Application Form
- Mark Sheets of 10th, 12th and graduation.
- Work Experience (if any)
- Scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format that is aforementioned.
- List of programs offered by 20 IIMs and the test cities for the CAT 2018 exam.
- For application fee payment- details of credit card/debit card or of net banking.
CAT 2018 Application Form Correction Window
The opening of application form correction window will start from 27th September 2018 and will continue until 30th September 2018 for the candidates to edit or make changes in the certain field of the application form. However, the candidates can only bring changes in the field of work experience percentage etc. and for other fields like personal details section, preferences for the test centres etc, cannot be changed at any cost. Therefore, the candidates are recommended to upload all the details correctly at once and do read the guidelines before proceeding for filling of the application form.
CAT 2018 Registration – Important Points
- Exam conducting authority will conduct the CAT 2018 registration process through online mode.
- The registration for the CAT 2018 has been commenced from 8th of August and will continue until 26th September 2018.
- Students willing to apply for the CAT 2018 exam will be able to fill in their application form in online mode after paying the above-mentioned application fee via credit card/debit card or net banking.
- Before proceeding for the registration process for CAT 2018, the candidates must check whether they fulfill the CAT 2018 eligibility criteria or not.
- Candidates can make changes in the registration or application form as many times as they wish. But after submitting it, no any changes can be made until the opening of application form correction window.
- Aspirants will be able to rectify their mistakes 27th-30th September 2018, in case of any mistake or error made during filling the CAT 2018 registration form.
- Before starting the registration process, candidates must read all the instructions given properly to avoid any discrepancies further.
- CAT 2018 registration will not be considered concluded without the payment of registration fee. Thus, it is mandatory to pay the fee or your registration will be rejected.
Comment us below your queries related to CAT 2018 Registration, if any.
All the best!!