CAT 2018 Important Dates – The conducting body for CAT 2018 i.e. IIM Calcutta has released the important dates with the release of notification on 29th July 2018. The candidates willing to appear in the CAT exam this year must remain upgraded by reading the article that provides updated and relevant information about each upcoming event related to CAT 2018. Henceforth, according to the important dates, the registration of CAT 2018 has been commenced from 8th August and continued until 26th September 2018. Similarly, for the candidates to bring any change in the application form, the application form correction window was opened from 27th September 2018 and continued until 30th September 2018. Moreover, admit card for CAT 2018 has been available from 24th October 2018 for the candidates to appear for the CAT exam which will be conducted on 25th November 2018. Therefore, the candidates who have set up their mind for pursuing postgraduate, executive or doctoral program from any of the IIMs and other participating institutes across the country must appear in the CAT 2018 exam and scrutinize all the significant information provided in the article to fetch comprehensive info about the updated CAT 2018 important dates for each event i.e. releasing date of application form, availability of admit card, date for the declaration of result etc.
CAT 2018 Important Dates Overview
CAT 2018 Important dates are mentioned below in the tabular form that will help the candidates to remain updated with each event and to go for it on a priority basis. Furthermore, knowing the CAT 2018 important dates will help the candidates to start their preparation for the exam by strategizing the study plan for the time left for the conduction of CAT 2018 exam. Hence, let’s have a look at the following tabular form to fetch upgraded information:
|CAT 2018 Events||Dates|
|CAT 2018 Notification||29th July 2018|
|Release of CAT 2018 Application form||8th August 2018|
|Deadline for the submission of Application form||26th September 2018|
|Application correction window of CAT 2018 will be opened on||27th-30th September 2018|
|Availability of CAT 2018 Admit Card||24th of October 2018 (Released)|
|The release of CAT 2018 Mock Test||8th of October 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam||November 25, 2018, Sunday (Two Slots)|
|The release of official Answer Key||2nd week of December 2018|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Result||2nd week of January 2019|
|CAT 2018 Selection Procedure||April-June 2019|
The important dates of each event of CAT 2018 are already mentioned above in the table. But hereby, we are going to discuss the important dates in details regarding the releasing of an application form, availability of admit card etc. Therefore, let’s have a look at the important date of each event properly.
Highlights of CAT 2018 Important Dates
CAT 2018 Important Date for Registration
The conducting body of CAT 2018 (IIM Calcutta) has released the Application form in the 8th of August 2018 and will continue until 26th September 2018 in online mode exclusively. Therefore, the candidates to appear in the entrance test of CAT for 2019 session must register themselves as soon as possible i.e. before the deadline. The candidates in order to register themselves have to enter their name, valid email id and mobile number along with captcha code by visiting the CAT website. After entering the info, the login credentials will be generated and further sent on the registered email id of the candidates.
After all, candidates after receiving the login credentials can use it for filling the application form through online mode. But for that, candidates need to know the whole procedure in detail. Therefore, read the below-given procedure in an elaborated form:
- In the first step, candidates have to fill all the personal details along with the scanned photographs and signature.
- Secondly, after filling the personal details, candidates have to fill the academic details i.e. the mark sheets of matriculation (10th), intermediate (12th), and graduation. Moreover, if candidate has done any professional course can also submit its certificate and marks.
- The next thing to fill is the details of the work experience in the complete month format like 30th April 2017.
- Candidates while filling the application form also get the option to choose the programs offered by 20 IIMs along with the interview centres. But for the new 6 IIMs, candidates have to choose the same interview city.
- Select any 4 test centres as per the preference and convenience of the candidates. Most probably, candidates are allotted to the centre according to their first priority but in case there will be the scarcity in the availability of seats then the candidates will be allotted to any of the 3 other centres.
- Lastly, the registration process will not be completed until the payment of application fee is done. Therefore candidates of general and OBC category have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1900 and that of the reserved category need to pay Rs. 950/- via credit card/ debit card or net banking.
CAT 2018 Important Date for Admit card
The candidates to appear in the entrance test of CAT for 2019 session will need the key to the gateway i.e. admit card. Therefore, candidates must start downloading their admit card that has been made available from 24th October 2018 in online mode only and will not be sent to any candidate via post. Therefore, candidates are recommended to generate their admit card on a priority basis to avoid last minute rush. Furthermore, post downloading the admit card, candidates ought to check whether all the information mentioned on it are correct or not. If not, get it rectified by the examination conducting officials. Now, the candidates need to scrutinize the steps to download the admit card:
- Candidates need to go to the website of CAT
- Click on the link to “Download CAT 2018 admit card”
- Enter the login credentials that are ID and Password.
- After which the new page will open where the candidates have to click on the option of admit card.
- The admit card will appear on the screen. Now download the admit card and take out the print out for further usage.
Download CAT 2018 Admit Card Click Here
Note*- It is obligatory for the candidates to hold or carry their admit card to the examination hall for appearing in the CAT exam. Candidates without holding the admit card will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
CAT 2018 Important Date for Exam
The entrance test of CAT 2018 will be conducted on 25th November 2018 in online mode by the administrating body i.e. IIM Calcutta. The CAT 2018 exam will be conducted in various cities across the country for the candidates longing to pursue postgraduate management programs from one of the prestigious and apex body i.e. 20 IIMs or top B-school across the country. The question asked in the CAT exam is based on three different sections that are of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Aptitude. Moreover, in the entrance test of CAT, both objective type, and Non- MCQs are asked. Therefore, candidates need to know the overall CAT 2018 exam pattern to have proper idea about the CAT 2018 exam.
CAT 2018 Important Date for Result
The result of CAT 2018 will be declared by the conducting body i.e. IIM Calcutta in the 2nd week of January 2019 in online mode. To download the admit card of CAT, candidates have to visit the official website of CAT i.e. iimcat.ac.in. The result of CAT will consist of both sectional as well as the overall scaled score for the ease of the candidates to understand. However, the candidates must go through the following step to have the better idea about how to download the result:
- Visit the official website of CAT
- Click on the link to download CAT 2018 Result
- Enter the login credentials i.e. id and password generated at the time of registration.
- Click on “Login” option after entering the credentials.
- Now the result will appear on the screen.
- At last, download the result or score and keep it safely for the further reference.
CAT 2018 Important Dates for Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of CAT 2018 will begin after the declaration of result i.e. in between April to June in the year 2019 to seek admission in one of the 20 IIMs or other top B-school across the country. However, after the declaration of result, the list of selected candidates will be released by each participating institutes for the further round of selection procedure where the candidates have to face for Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT), and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. Furthermore, after completion of these rounds, the final merit list will be released on the basis of previous academic record, work experience etc. containing the name of the candidates for admission in particular participating institute.
In Written Ability Test (WAT), the candidates’ writing ability is checked by the examiner. In WAT round, the candidates will be given a topic on any issue and will be judged by their perception or their opinion on that very issue. Therefore, candidates for this round must improvise their writing skill by practicing more.
In Group Discussion (GD) rounds, the number of 10-15 candidates is allotted in one group where they are given a topic for discussion wherein their negotiation and leadership skills, knowledge about the particular topic and other skills are checked by the examiner.
Lastly, after completion of both the rounds, the candidates will be called for Personal Interview (PI) rounds wherein the communication skill of the candidates, their English Proficiency, gesture, body language etc. are checked by the panel of the examiner.
Every year numbers are increasing and IIM has limited seats to offer. Around 2,30,00 lakh candidates apply for the prestigious examination but the IIM has only 4000 limited seats to offer. About 100 business schools and 20 IIMs consider CAT 2018 score card in the admission process for the management programs.
Feel free to ask any query or question about CAT 2018 in the comment section below. Our experts will reach you with best possible answers available.