CAT 2018 Application Form – The application form of CAT 2018 has been released by IIM Calcutta on 8th August 2018. The candidates who are willing to pursue postgraduate management programs from any of the 20 IIMs or other B-Schools across the country can submit their application forms till 19th September 2018. It’s completely an online process. For filling the CAT 2018 Application Form, the aspirants have to first register themselves by furnishing their details like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Mobile Number. After registering, they will receive the login credentials on their email ID and contact number. Moreover, after completing the registration process, the candidates can proceed for filling the application form. The candidates while filling the form must keep all the personal and academic details, work experience certificates ready for entering those details in the application form. Besides, entering all the above-mentioned details, the candidates will also have to pay the CAT 2018 Application Form fee via credit card/ debit card or net banking. Above all, it is quite mandatory for the candidate to check the eligibility criteria as if any candidate does not fulfill the requirement set up by the conducting body, the application form of that individual will get rejected. So to avoid these things, the candidates must read the whole article properly to have detailed and updated information about the CAT 2018 application form and also try to fill the form on a priority basis to avoid last minute rush.
Documents Required For CAT 2018 Application Form
It is mandatory for the candidates to keep the below-mentioned documents with themselves after fulfilling the eligibility criteria but before filling the CAT 2018 application form
- Mark sheets of class 10thand 12thand the certificate of higher education or bachelor’s degrees.
- The scanned copy of the signatures and the photograph in passport size. (The photo should contain the white background and must not more than two months old).
- Programs List of IIM to get registered for.
CAT 2018 Application Form Important Dates
- First of all, go to the Official webpage of CAT i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in
- Click on the option to register as a new user for CAT 2018 Exam
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will receive the login credentials on your registered email ID and mobile number.
- By using the login credentials, fill up all the details carefully in the application form
- Upload each and every document as per the instructions mentioned in the form.
- Scanned copy of the signature, passport size Photograph and Supporting documents must be uploaded
- Submit the CAT Application Form 2018
- Make the payment of the application fee along with the form.
- Keep the print out of the application form as well as the fee receipt of the form.
- The reserved category candidates must download the certificate from the particular website. They need to fill out all the required information and self-attest the form or get the form attested by the appropriate authority. Afterward, the scanned copy of the form must be uploaded.
- The candidates to appear in the entrance test of CAT 2018 must have completed the graduation or in other words, it can be said that the candidates must have completed 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 years of education from the well-recognized college or university.
- Apart from graduation degree, the candidates in the final year of graduation are also applicable to apply for the CAT 2018 exam check CAT 2018 eligibility criteria.
- The candidates from the general category need to score at least 50% of aggregate marks whereas the reserved candidates ought to score only 45% of aggregate marks.
- The candidates must feel relaxed as there is no bar in the age limit.
- The application fee is different for the different categories.
- The further details are mentioned below.
- The fees for PWD and scheduled caste/scheduled tribes candidates is Rs.950/-
- The fee for NC-OBC and General category is Rs.1900/-
- Online transaction charges are also necessary for the candidates to pay, which will vary according to the mode of payment. Given below are the details of transaction charges:
- Academic Qualification Details
- Mobile number along with the area code
- Payment of fees
- Test centre preference
- Work experience (if any)
CAT 2018 examination will be conducted on 25th November 2018. Other important dates for the events of CAT 2018 like the application/registration process and admit card availability have been released yet by the officials. So, we have provided the definite dates for the candidates as per the previous year. Therefore, go through the following table in order to know the CAT 2018 important dates
|CAT 2018 Events||Dates|
|CAT 2018 Notification||29th July 2018|
|Beginning of Filling the Application Form||8th August 2018|
|Last date to submit the CAT 2018 application form||19th September 2018|
|Application correction window of CAT 2018 will be opened on||20th September 2018|
|Availability of CAT 2018 Admit Card||24th October 2018|
|The release of CAT 2018 Mock Test||25th October 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam and Timings||25th November 2018, 9:30 am|
|The release of official Answer Key||December 2018 (2nd week)|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Result||January 2019 (2nd week)|
|CAT 2018 Selection Procedure||April 2019 – June 2019|
CAT 2018 Application Form Filling Procedure
The candidates willing to register for the CAT 2018 examination must submit the application form before the deadline i.e. before 19th September 2018. Before filling the CAT 2018 application form, the aspirants must check the eligibility criteria. In this article, the candidates are provided with each detail, so that they don’t have to search again and again for the procedure. The complete process of registration is mentioned in this article. It is necessary for the candidates to read all the instructions carefully from the website before registering for CAT 2018, then know How to register for CAT 2018.
The steps for the registration process are stated below to give a little idea to the aspirants.
CAT 2018 Enrollment Process
Photograph and Signature Dimensions for CAT 2018 Application Form
|Image||File Size||Dimensions||File Format||Image resolution|
|Not more than 80 KB||30 mm(width) x 45 mm ( height)||JPEG/ JPG||150px/ inch|
|80 mm(width) x 35 mm ( height)|
Confirmation Email of Application:
After the completion of the payment, the aspirants will receive an email regarding the confirmation of the registration process on the registered email id. The email will also contain the information regarding the CAT examination details, CAT 2018 admit card and other related information.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
CAT 2018 Admit Card
The candidates after filling the application form successfully, eagerly wait for the admits card to get released by the conducting body of CAT 2018 i.e. IIM Calcutta on 24th October’ 2018. The candidates will have to download the admit card through online mode by visiting the official website. Moreover, the CAT 2018 Admit Card will not be sent to the candidates via post at any cost. The candidates to download the admit card through online mode have to enter the login credentials. The candidates after downloading the admit must also take the print out of it for the further reference and yes, they should check either all the details are mentioned correct or not on the admit card. If not, the aspirants must get it resolved by the authority as soon as possible.
Note– The candidates must not forget to hold the admit card while appearing for the exam. If they don’t follow the instruction of carrying the admit card, they won’t be allowed to appear in the exam at any cost.
CAT 2018 Application Form Correction:
It is already mentioned above that the candidates must go through the eligibility criteria before filling the CAT 2018 application form or before proceeding for the registration process. But in case, any candidate commit any mistake then the authorities give them a single chance namely application form correction for the candidates to correct the mistake committed by the candidate while filling the form. So, the expected date for this event to be conducted is in the 20th September 2018. Moreover, the candidates have the limited option in which they can make changes. Those are of work experience, percentage and all. Apart from this, information like personal details, academic record, preference for the test or exam center cannot be edited.
CAT 2018 Application Fee
The form of the candidates will only be accepted after the payment is done. It is necessary for the candidates to pay the fee for the CAT 2018. The fee can be paid online by the applicants. The candidates can transfer the money through net banking, debit cards or credit cards if they are paying online.
|Payment modes||Transaction Charges|
|Credit card (Amex)||2.85 percent of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5|
|Credit card||1.20 percent of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5|
|Net Banking||Rs 20 per transaction|
|Debit card||0.75 percent of the Transaction amount for value up to Rs. 2000 and subject to a minimum of Rs. 5|
|1.00% of Transaction amount for the value|
CAT 2018 Application Form Detachment
The following details must be filled by the candidates in the CAT 2018 application form. The details must be filled correctly and carefully if the candidates wish to change any detail then he/she have to follow a long procedure.
The court affidavits or marriage certificate is necessary to submit with the application process in a case of change of name of a candidate.
The candidates belonging to reserved category get the relaxation of some percentage in comparison to those who belong to the general category. Moreover, in the reserved category also, the percentage or weighatage vary every year. A certain number of seats are reserved for the people who belong to these categories. The seats reserved for these candidates are not fixed, seats vary every year which is not specified, it provides a great chance for a huge number of candidates. Let us we have a look at the reservation in a clear view.
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||15%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||7.50%|
|PWD (Person with Disability)||3%|
Note– The category certificate of the candidates must be attached along with the CAT 2018 application form who will be claiming reservation. The candidates who will fail in submitting the required documents will not be provided with any reservation.
Feel free to solve all your queries related to CAT 2018 Application form, you can leave your comment in the comment box given below. For further queries, our experts will contact you soon with the perfect solutions.