CAT 2018 Application Form – The application form of CAT 2018 has been released by IIM Calcutta on 8th August 2018. The candidates willing to pursue postgraduate management programs from any of the 20 IIMs or other B-Schools across the country can submit their application forms till 19th September 2018 that is completely an online process. For filling the CAT 2018 Application Form, the aspirants have to first register themselves first by furnishing their details like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Mobile Number. After registering, they will receive the login credentials on their email ID and contact number post which the candidates using those credentials can move ahead for filling the application form. The candidates while filling the form must keep all the personal and academic details, work experience certificates ready for entering those details in the application form. Besides, entering all the above-mentioned details, the candidates will also have to pay the CAT 2018 Application Form fee via credit card/ debit card or net banking. Above all, it is quite mandatory for the candidate to check the eligibility criteria for not leading to the rejection of form by examination conducting body. So to avoid these things, the candidates must read the whole article properly to have detailed and updated information about the CAT 2018 application form and also try to fill the form on a priority basis to avoid last minute rush.
CAT 2018 Important Dates
|CAT 2018 Events||Dates|
|CAT 2018 Notification||29th July 2018|
|Beginning of Filling the Application Form||8th August 2018|
|Last date to submit the CAT 2018 application form||19th September 2018|
|Application correction window of CAT 2018 will be opened on||20th September 2018|
|Availability of CAT 2018 Admit Card||24th October 2018|
|The release of CAT 2018 Mock Test||25th October 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam and Timings||25th November 2018, 9:30 am|
|The release of official Answer Key||December 2018 (2nd week)|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Result||January 2019 (2nd week)|
|CAT 2018 Selection Procedure||April 2019 – June 2019|
Eligibility Criteria: CAT 2018 Application Form
The candidates who have set up their mind for appearing in the entrance test of CAT 2018 must go through the eligibility criteria prescribed by the conducting body i.e. IIM Calcutta. The candidates only after the thorough check of the CAT 2018 eligibility criteria must proceed for doing the registration or filling up of the application form. Furthermore, in case any candidate without fulfilling the eligibility criteria fills the application form, it can lead to the rejection by the examination conducting authority. Therefore, it is mandatory for the candidates to scrutinize the eligibility criteria that are furnished below in the bulleted form:
- The candidates to apply for the CAT 2018 must have completed their graduation from any recognized university. In other words, the candidates must have completed 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 years of education from the well-reputed college or university.
- Apart from the candidates holding the Bachelor’s degree, the candidates waiting for the result of graduation can also apply for the same.
- However, the candidates of the general category need to acquire 50% of aggregate marks in the graduation whereas, for the reserved category, there is the relaxation of 5% and the percentage required is 45%.
- Above all, the elderly candidates have the plus point as there is no upper age limit set up by the examination conducting authority.
CAT 2018 Registration Process
The candidates after checking thoroughly the eligibility criteria must move ahead for doing the registration that can be done only in online mode merely. Therefore, the candidates to know more must go through the following steps that contain the proper procedure guide for the CAT 2018 registration:
- First of all, the candidates need to visit the official website of CAT.
- Secondly, applicants must register themselves by clicking on the “new user”
- To register, the candidates have to infill the details like name, mobile number, email id etc. and click on “Submit” button.
- Thenceforth, the login credentials such as ID and password will be generated and sent to the registered email id of the candidates.
- Now, all the candidates need to preserve the login credentials for the further reference.
Steps to fill CAT 2018 Application Form
After the completion of the registration process, the candidates will receive the login credentials to be used while filling the application form. Therefore, use the id and password to fill the application form. But, besides having the id and password the further procedures to apply for CAT 2018 are mentioned below:
The candidates after logging in at the official website of CAT enter the personal details that are asked for such as name, parent’s name, category, gender, nationality, address. At the same time, the candidates have to upload their scanned signature along with the photograph, and those belonging to the reserved category have to upload their caste certificate as well.
Photograph and Signature Dimensions for CAT 2018 Application Form
|Image||File Size||Dimensions||File Format||Image resolution|
|Photograph||Not more than 80 KB||30 mm(width) x 45 mm ( height)||JPEG/ JPG||150px/ inch|
|80 mm(width) x 35 mm ( height)|
The very next thing after filling the personal details, the candidates have to enter the details regarding academic qualifications. Hereby, the candidates will be asked to enter the year of passing, percentage acquired, total marks obtained, board etc, for 10th (matriculation), 12th (intermediate), graduation and if candidates have done any kind of profession courses besides all above.
After filling the personal as well as academic details, the candidates have to submit their work experience in completed months. However, the candidates will get the option to choose the industry type applicable to them.
In this step, the candidates have to select the program as per their choice offered by 20 IIMs in the country. The candidates along with the program have to choose the interview city for the selection procedure rounds. However, the candidates for the 6 new IIMs have to opt for the same interview city.
However, while filling the application form, the candidates get an opportunity to select the exam centre as per their convenience. Therefore, among 147 cities, the candidates have to choose any 4 test cities according to their preference.
Lastly, the candidates need to do the payment of application fee of Rs. 1900 (for general category candidates) and that of reserved category candidates need to pay Rs. 950 via online or offline mode.
CAT 2018 Application Fee
The form of the candidates will only be accepted after the payment is done. It is necessary for the candidates to pay the fee for the CAT 2018. The fee can be paid online by the applicants. The candidates can transfer the money through net banking, debit cards or credit cards if they are paying online.
- The application fee is different for the different categories.
- The further details are mentioned below.
- The fees for PWD and scheduled caste/scheduled tribes candidates is Rs.950/-
- The fee for NC-OBC and General category is Rs.1900/-
- Online transaction charges are also necessary for the candidates to pay, which will vary according to the mode of payment. Given below are the details of transaction charges:
|Payment modes||Transaction Charges|
|Credit card (Amex)||2.85 percent of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5|
|Credit card||1.20 percent of the transaction amount and subject to a minimum of Rs 5|
|Net Banking||Rs 20 per transaction|
|Debit card||0.75 percent of the Transaction amount for value up to Rs. 2000 and subject to a minimum of Rs. 5|
|1.00% of Transaction amount for the value|
Documents Required For CAT 2018 Application Form
It is mandatory for the candidates to keep the below-mentioned documents with themselves while filling up the application form. Therefore, let’s have a look at the significant documents as follows:
- Educational certificate i.e. mark sheet of 10th, 12th and graduation.
- Work Experience, if any
- Document containing the personal details to fill out the info in personal section opf the application form.
- Scanned signature and photographs
- List of programs offered by 20 IIMs
- Also, keep credit card/debit card or the details of net banking handy for the payment of the application fee.
CAT 2018 Application Form Correction
It is already mentioned above that the candidates must go through the eligibility criteria before filling the CAT 2018 application form or before proceeding for the registration process. But in case, any candidate commit any mistake then the authorities give them a single chance namely application form correction for the candidates to correct the mistake committed by the candidate while filling the form. So, the expected date for this event to be conducted is in the 20th September 2018. Moreover, the candidates have the limited option in which they can make changes. Those are of work experience, percentage and all. Apart from this, information like personal details, academic record, preference for the test or exam center cannot be edited.
Important Instructions to be followed while filling up the CAT 2018 Application Form
- First of all, the candidates must make sure that they fulfill the requirements or eligibility criteria set up by the examination conducting authority.
- While doing the registration, try to give the valid email id and mobile number to receive the login
- Keep all the documents handy including educational certificates, work experience certificate, category certificate (for reserved category candidates) ready along with the credit card/debit card or net banking and scanned photograph and signature (in the prescribed format)
- Try to have good wifi or internet connection in order to avoid the disturbance that may occur in between filling up the application form.
- Check all the details properly i.e. twice after filling it in the application form.
- However, candidates will get the opportunity to select the CAT 2018 exam centers as per their choice in the application form. Therefore, select properly otherwise, the candidates will not be able to make any changes afterward and further will be allotted to the one they had opted while filling the application form.
- Above all, try to fill the CAT 2018 application form on a priority basis in order to avoid the last minute rush.
Feel free to solve all your queries related to CAT 2018 Application form, you can leave your comment in the comment box given below. For further queries, our experts will contact you soon with the perfect solutions.