BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2019 – BITS or Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani is an acclaimed institute which has been announced as Deemed University under the UGC ACT (Section 3). This university is an all-India Institute and has a provision of giving its own degrees. The admissions for on-campus MBA programme of BITS Pilani, that is for the campus of Pilani itself, for Semester 2019-20 will be done on the grounds of CAT 2018 or GMAT scores collectively followed by the scores of a group discussion or GD and Personal interview or PI of the candidates. The duration of the session is normally four semesters.
The aspirants who are interested in pushing up their career path with recognized management institutes can apply for BITS Pilani and start preparing for the examination.
The admission details of BITS, Pilani will be declared by the apex body. The candidates who are interested in applying for the BITS MBA admission 19 can verify all the necessary information and details from this article. Below mentioned are some of the important activities and their dates for BITS Pilani Admission 2019:
Events for BITS Pilani MBA 2019
Last Date to submit the application form
15th February 2019
Deadline for the submission of hard copy of application form
23rd February 2019 until 5:00 pm
List of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI round
2nd week of March 2019
1st to 2nd week of April 2019
Announcement of Admission offers
2nd week of May 2019
Admission of Selected candidates
Fourth week of July 2019
Registration for Courses
First week of August 2019
Admission Process for BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2019
For on campus or the campus of Pilani, the admissions to MBA programme for Semester I of 2019 will be done on the grounds of CAT 2018 or GMAT scores along with the scores of GD or group discussion and PI or personal interview of the candidates. The candidates will be selected on the basis of their CAT or GMAT scores. The selected candidates will then have to be present for group discussion and personal interview that will be held at Pilani, Delhi, Goad, Bangalore and Hyderabad in the month of March or April 2019.
The announcement of the final list of the centers for GD or group discussion and PI or Personal interview will be made only when all the applications are submitted and the information will be given to all the applied candidates about the same through official website of BITS Pilani MBA.
The candidates need not to get worried about the grounds of selection as the admissions to the MBA Programme depend entirely upon the merit list and nothing else. Hence, if you are confident about your score in the exam and pretty sure about your ranking, you can take a sigh of relief.
Eligibility Criteria for BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2019
- Candidates must have completed the graduation in BE/B.Tech or have Masters Degree from any of the recognized universities across.
- Further, candidates should have acquired 60% of aggregate marks for taking admission into BITS Pilani for the MBA program.
Application Form Filling Procedure for BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2019
The application form filling process has been started from 15th December 2018 and will continue until 15th February 2019 till 5 pm in online mode. Candidates before filling the application form must check the eligibility criteria to ensure that they fulfill the requirement to get into BITS Pilani for MBA. Now the candidates to fill the form must know the steps they have to undergo. Thus, let’s have a look at the below-given steps:
- First of all, make a visit to the official website of BITS Pilani
- Read the Instruction given and click on the “Apply” option at the bottom of the page.
- A new tab will open wherein candidates have to fill the name, gender, date of birth, and valid email address
- Post completion of this process, a login credential will generate containing the unique application form and will be sent to the registered email address of the candidates.
- Using the login credentials, candidates can proceed to fill the form by entering the personal, academic and other details asked therein.
- Further, make the payment of application fee which is Rs. 2950/- through online or offline mode.
- For online mode, candidates can remit the fee using the credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- For offline payment, candidates have to buy challan from any ICICI branches and pay the cash of the same amount.
- Check all the details entered twice and lastly, take the print out for the further reference.
- Keep the hard copy of the confirmation page safe until the admission process.
Click Here for Registration of BITS Pilani MBA 2019
How to apply
The willing and eligible applicants are free to apply through the given application form available at the official website of BITS that is http://www.bitsadmission.com/ and take the hard copy of the completely filled form. After that the candidate needs to send the filled application form along with the specified fee either by registered post or speed post to Dean, Admissions, BITS, Pilani-333031 (Rajasthan)
- In all cases related to the admission for higher degree, the final decision will be of the Vice Chancellor of BITS.
- All matters of disputes related to the admission for higher degree will come under the jurisdiction of Pilani city.
- All the important notices related to the test, shortlisting etc will be put up on the official web portal of BITS admission. The candidates may keep a watch on it on regular basis.
- The review of the curriculum part is under progress.
Guidelines for Filling BITS Pilani MBA 2019 Application Form
- Prior to filling the application form in online mode, candidates need to read the instructions which will be given on the page
- Take the print out of the instruction mentioned on the home page of the official website so that the candidates can refer the same while filling up the application form.
- Post reading the instructions, click on the “Allow” option to proceed for filling up the application form in online mode.
- Enter all the details asked therein in the correct way for not creating any problem for the further.
- After the successful submission of the application form, take the hard copy of the confirmation page.
- Before filling the application form, compile all the important documents containing personal as well as academic details. Also, for online payment, keep the details of credit card, debit card or net banking.
Fee Structure of BITS Pilani MBA course
There is not any information about the fee structure for BITS Pilani MBA 2019 in the Admission Brochure. The fee details of last year admissions are mentioned below. The candidates need to pay the fees in advance only. As far as the refund of the deposits is concerned, only the mess advance and caution deposit can be given back and that too after the adjustment of the dues when the candidate is leaving the Institute. This rule applies to the candidates who are applying for admission and also to the ongoing candidates of the Institute.
|Students’ Union fee||400/- pa|
|Students’ Aid Fund||200/- pa|
Hostel fee (for on-campus students only)
|PhD thesis examination fees||–|
Mess & Electricity advance
(Payable at the beginning of each semester/term and adjustable at the end of the same)
|Institute Caution Deposit||3000/-|
Fee Payment Instructions
- The above-mentioned details in the table come under a normal scenario. In case a candidate’s programme gets changed or his or her progress is taking much time than the maximum defined limit, that student is recommended to get in touch with the concerning authority before the process of registration.
- The above mentioned semester fees is for the HD, FD and PhD students that will take admission in the academic year 2019.For such students, the fees for semester, term and admission will be revised on the higher side each year but will not go up beyond the limit of 15% every year.
- The candidates need to pay fees and other charges in advance in every term or semester on the specified dates before the process of registration. No refund will be given to the candidates in case of withdrawal from the courses.
- The semester fees and summer term fees will be charged to the students who go for Practice School II as the practice school is longer than the semester and is extended till the summer term.
- The casual students need to pay fees as fixed for regular students.
- The refund for Institute caution deposits will be made only at the time of the student’s withdrawal from the Institute.
- The grades of the student will be put on hold in case there are some outstanding dues.
- The students who receive mess arrears need to pay an additional specific advance during the time of next registration.
- The refunds will be given through crossed cheques or Bank Drafts.
- To make your final Admission, your scores of the qualifying degree need to be available by the first week of October 2019.
- After filling the form online, you need to take print out and keep the hard copy of the filled form with you. You need to take two copies of the form completely filled without leaving any column and one copy of the form needs to be sent along with the proof of fee payment through speed post or registered post to the below mentioned address before 5 PM time in the second week of February 2019:
Dean Admissions, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan – 333 031 India
The candidates are advised to keep the second copy of the form with them for any future reference.
MBA Programme Details – Course requirements
The requirements of the MBA programme are defined in terms of the courses that belong to various different categories. Let’s have a look:
|Category||No. of Units||No. of Courses|
|Named Courses||40-60||15- 20|
|Elective(s) 12-18 4-6||12- 18||4- 6|
|Subtotal 55 (Min.) 20 (Min.)||55 (Min.)||20 (Min.)|
|PS or Dissertation||20 or 16||1|
|Total||70 (Min.)||21 (Min.)|
GD and PI process for Selected Candidates
The selected candidates for GD and PI procedure at BITS Pilani can visit the official website to get the information about their allotted centers for the process. They need to enter the application number, date of birth and gender on the given link. By this, they will be able to know about the allotted centers and the actual status for their GD and PI process.
This is all about the procedure of BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2019. The candidates who are appearing for this exam for the first time need to read the above content thoroughly as this will help them a lot if they are actually seeking for some genuine information about the MBA admission procedure here, various norms of the institute, fee structure, rules of filling the application form, eligibility criteria and much more. No need to bang your head for fetching the information from internet as this article talks about the nitty-gritty of everything related to BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2019.