Best books for IIFT Preparation 2019 – The aspiring aspirants willing to appear in the IIFT exam this year must be aware of the syllabus and the right book so that it becomes easier for preparation. The candidates often face the problem from where to get the books and which is the right book. It is important for the candidates to select the right book as there are lots of books available on one topic. For your information, books are available easily online as well as in bookstores. Before starting to prepare the candidates must make sure that they have all the necessary preparation materials like books, sample paper, and previous year question paper. Preparing strategy along with adequate practice will lead to success. It’s now high time for the candidates a few months to go for the test, candidates must pull up their socks. Indian Institute of Foreign trade or IIFT will be conducting IIFT 2019 entrance test in the month of December for admission to MBA in International Business program at its Delhi and Kolkata campuses. To guide the aspirants with their preparation, the list of Best Books for IIFT Preparation 2019 according to various toppers and experts are furnished in this article. Candidates are advised to read this article to know about the books.
Best books for IIFT Preparation 2019 – IIFT exam Pattern
Before moving further through the Best Books for IIFT, let’s discuss the exam pattern. Till last year IIFT was paper-based but this year the exam is expected to be a computer-based test. The exam paper is objective with 114 Multiple choice questions. Each correct answer carries 1 marks and for every wrong answer, 1/3 of marks is deducted.
|IIFT Section||No. of questions||Marks per question|
|VA or Verbal Ability||20||0.75|
|RC or Reading Comprehension||16||1|
|QA or Quantitative Ability||20||1|
|LR or Logical Reasoning||20||1|
|GA or General Awareness||25||0.5|
|DI or Data Interpretation||22||0.75|
Best books for IIFT Preparation 2019 – Must read books for preparation
Let’s have a look at some of the books and study material that will help you in preparation.
Top suggested books for IIFT Quantitative Aptitude
- Arun Sharma’s book How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude.
- The Pearson has published a book on Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation written by Nishit Sinha.
- Another books recommended is Quantum CAT by Sarvesh K Verma
- NCERT books of class 8, 9 & 10 are the best book to practice Mathematics
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit
Top suggested books for IIFT Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- The best book of Arun Sharma on How to Prepare for Data Interpretation
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning written by Arun Sharma
- The Pearson book has published a book on Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning by Nishit K. Sinha
Top suggested books for IIFT Verbal Reading Comprehension and Ability
- The books of Meenakshi Upadhyay and Arun Sharma on How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension is the best one.
- Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning by Nishit K. Sinha. This book is published by Pearson
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- A Communicative Grammar of English written by Geoffrey Leech’s
- Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis book on 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary is the best one.
Best book for IIFT General Awareness
The aspirants are advised to read newspapers regularly, journals, novels, and various other books. The students must be aware of current events in the field of science and technology, sports, prizes, books and authors, market and economy, politics etc. Students can also refer to various quiz books. Also, there are yearbooks available which update students with events that have occurred in the past 12 months.
Best books for IIFT Preparation 2019 – Other books for IIFT preparation
The other books available for the reference of the candidates apart from the above mentioned study materials are given below:
- Success Master published by Arihant Publications
- Study Package for IIFT by Arihant Publications
- Books on IIFT Mock Tests by IIFT Institute are also available
- Target IIFT publish by Disha Publications
Top suggested books for IIFT Group Discussion & Personal Interview rounds
Candidates securing minimum IIFT cutoff scores will be shortlisted for further selection rounds i.e. GD and PI rounds. Before appearing for GD and PI rounds, aspirants must make sure that they are well prepared. For this round the students can refer to the novels (fiction/non-fiction), newspapers and magazines. The list of the novels and newspaper are given below:
The list of novels are –
- The Last Mughal
- Beyond the MBA Hype
- The World is Flat
- Germs, and Steel
- Midnight’s Children
- The Black Swan
- Tipping Point
- Argumentative Indian
Newspapers that will help –
- The Indian Express
- The Hindu
- Economics Times
Important and informative magazines for IIFT preparation 2018 –
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Competition Success Review
- Business World
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
Preparation tips for IIFT 2018
- Know the syllabus: First, you need to understand the syllabus and structure of the question paper so that you can prepare accordingly.
- Collect study materials: Once you are aware of the syllabus, aspirants can start collecting the right books for IIFT 2018 and other necessary reading materials recommended by seniors and professors.
- Solve practice papers: On completing the syllabus, students must start solving the sample papers and old question papers to know their level of preparation. And even analyse the answers to know their strengths and weaknesses.
- Other study materials: Candidates must keep themselves updated with the current events by regularly reading newspapers, yearbooks, and magazines.
To solve your queries related to Best books for IIFT Preparation 2019, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.