Best Books for CAT Preparation – The candidates who will be appearing in the entrance test of CAT 2019 must start their preparation from now onwards to qualify the toughest exam in a single attempt. So, the key to crack the CAT 2019 exam is the best books from where the candidates can obtain knowledge as much as they can. Now, as the books are the best source to enhance the knowledge, the candidates must purchase the books of the best author and publication as well for the proper preparation. The candidates after having the reference books for CAT 2019 can learn different methods or tricks for solving a single type of question. Apart from learning different methods, it will help the candidates in learning time management skill as 3 hours of time duration is allotted to the candidates and by learning tricks, one can solve the question is less time. Therefore, the candidates must purchase the best books for CAT preparation 2019 and must read the article thoroughly as we have also provided some of the best books of best authors.
Best Books for CAT Preparation 2019 – Must-Read Books for Preparation
Aspirants appearing for this exam require the Best Books for CAT Preparation 2019. Let us have a look at some of the books and study materials that will help you in the best way for the preparation.
Top Suggested Books for CAT Quantitative Ability (QA):
This section is a bit difficult. It covers topics like Arithmetic, Algebra, Number System, Geometry, Modern Mathematics and other questions related to Higher Maths. The top books available for this section are:
- The most recommended book to prepare for QA is How to prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT written by Arun Sharma. This book follows the latest pattern of CAT focusing on the most important components that are Quantitative Aptitude. At the end of each chapter, questions are given and are split into three sections based on the difficulty level as well as mock paper are available.
- The Complete CAT Digest is another book written by Arun Sharma is the best book for preparation of QA. This book consists of the basics of the CAT entrance examination. Arun Sharma’s book is published by Tata Mc Graw.
- Om book has published a book on How to prepare for the CAT written by Muhameed Muneer. This book is easy to understand as it consists of a mock test and previous year’s solved paper.
- A Comprehensive Guide for problem-solving on Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha is also recommended the best book. This book is published by Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Another book published by Trishna Knowledge systems, Pearsons on Quantitative Aptitude for CAT and Other MBA Entrance Exams has many practice exercises which will definitely increase your ability.
Top Suggested Books for CAT Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC):
This section tests the English language skills of the aspirants. The questions are divided into two parts that are English Usage and Reading Comprehension. The English Usage questions can be further classified into Vocabulary, Grammar and Verbal Reasoning. Top books to prepare for this section are:
- Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhaya’s book ‘How to Prepare for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’is considered to be the best as it consists of practice questions from previous year test paper.
- The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning (Pearson) by Nishit Sinha is recommended the best that covers a wide range of topics and easy to understand.
- Norman Lewis’s book Word Power Made Easy.
- For Vocabulary, the best book is Pocket Guide by Barron.
Top Suggested Books for CAT Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR):
The questions of this section are in the form of caselets. You need to analyze the data given in various ways and then answer the questions. The topics covered are Data Arrangement, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangement, Bar Graph, Data Sufficiency, etc. The books to refer to this section:
- Arun Sharma’s book on How to Prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT published by Tata McGraw-Hill covers the fundamental concepts of Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Book published by TIME Publisher and written by Trishna’s Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT 2019 and Other MBA Examinations.
CAT or Common Admission Test is the toughest MBA entrance exam conducted by IIM for the aspirant seeking to take admission in the various MBA program. It is a computer-based online test with three hours duration that consists of 100 questions. Around 1.95 lakh candidates appeared in this exam. IIM Kolkata conducted CAT 2018 in 147 cities across India
For any clarification related to Best Books for CAT Preparation 2019, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.