Are you prepared for CAT 2018- Well, with each passing day, every minute is very much important for those students who are preparing for CAT 2018. Students must keep in their mind that there are only 6 months left for the CAT 2018 examination and moreover, the time has come for them to start planning for the exam and if planned, then the time has come to implement it ….Now the most common question that might be asked of every student preparing for CAT?? How much have you prepared till now? How is preparation going on? Are you prepared for CAT 2018? So, all these questions might be striking each and every student’s mind, who are about to appear for CAT 2018. Well, don’t panic…just stay calm and as we have brought some tips for you all, so, let’s start from the basics to overcome your fear for CAT 2018 and follow everything that is mentioned below.
As we all know that CAT i.e. Common Aptitude Test is the most popular MBA exam to get into IIMS and other reputed MBA colleges. CAT examination is conducted once in a year and mostly in the month of November and CAT 2018 is going to be conducted on 25th of November (Sunday). But, most importantly a candidate must know that the apex body for CAT keeps on introducing new elements each and every year.
The purpose of CAT examination is to take entrance test so that the eligible student can get an opportunity to take admission in apex colleges like IIM, IITs, and vice versa. It is a national level exam in which more than 2 lakhs of students apply.
Now here comes the most important thing i.e. syllabus for the CAT exam…Well, there are only minimal changes done and the syllabus almost remains same every year. So, basically, there are 4 sections which need to be prepared by the students
- Quantitative Aptitude – It covers the topic of mathematics especially geometry, algebra, HCF & LCM, Mensuration, profit & loss, trigonometry, averages, time-speed and distance, inequalities, work & time, number system, ratios & proportion, surds & indices, inequalities quadratic equation and linear equations.
- English and Verbal Section– For this, a candidate must focus on verbal reasoning, sentence completion, grammar, syllogisms, jumbled paragraph, para completion and interference, verbal logics, idioms, antonyms, para jumbles, one-word substitution, reading comprehension, contextual usage.
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning– It covers the topics like blood relations, series, proposition, puzzles, vein diagram, family tree, data arrangement, seating arrangement, assumptions, coding-decoding, direction sense, syllogisms, data structure, etc.
- Data Interpretation-This part broadly covers tables, pie charts, line graphs, bar, data sufficiency and caselets.
How to Prepare for CAT 2018
Now, it is too easy to access syllabus of CAT examination. But the toughest of all is to prepare for that and remain focused all the time. So here, we are going to provide some important guidelines for the students preparing for CAT 2018 so that the interested one can make their study plan for now onwards. So, let’s start with 6 months of the study plan.
- Study plan to crack CAT exam within 6 months.
- First of all, start according to your syllabus and try to know about your weak areas.
- Try to clear your concept in which you face the problem or especially take help of your mentor.
- Once you are done with theory portion, don’t waste your time on it, instead of that try to practice and solve CAT previous year mock test.
- Take the best reference book for preparation and study material too.
- Moreover, stay confident and calm.
- Read English articles for English and verbal section
- Study plan for 3 months
- Once you are covered the whole syllabus… you must be knowing your strong areas and the weak ones.
- Don’t get panic; just try to solve more and more of CAT sectional quiz, previous year question paper, etc.
- Go for CAT mock test, and accordingly focus on your mistakes and try to rectify them
- Try for have clear concept on each topic and strengthen your basics.
Now, when you are done with all those which are mentioned above, just give your last time or days on revision.
- Keep practicing and solving your strong portion or in which have good command
- Take each topic and try to get in-depth knowledge of it
- Students can even join CAT- Preparation or online classes
- Stay positive and remain self-motivated
- Don’t try to put your hand or don’t go for new topic at the very last moment
- Don’t give up in between until and unless you are not satisfied and your concept is not clear.
As we have already made clear by citing above. Now, it’s the turn of students to go through all important topics. Always try to learn more than one method to solve a single question as it helps in solving the question more accurately and sometimes knowing the lengthiest way of solving question might take more time than expected. So, don’t ever waste time during the exam and try to solve the question that you know and can solve accurately. And do remember that accuracy is one of the key factors in obtaining highest percentile in CAT 2018.