AP ICET 2019 Exam Pattern -Candidates longing to appear in the entrance exam of AP ICET, commonly known as Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test must go through the exam pattern first to prepare accordingly. Moreover, post going through the exam pattern, candidates will get to know the overall pattern of the test paper including the mode, medium, time duration, number and type of questions, and most importantly the marking scheme. However, the exam pattern remains the same for every year and is set up by the administrating body i.e. ASCHE, Hyderabad. Furthermore, besides going through the exam pattern, it is mandatory for the candidates to go through the syllabus. Therefore, candidates to seek admission in the top college in the state of Andhra Pradesh for the postgraduate program like MBA and MCA must prepare according to the exam pattern to score high percentile. Thus, to fetch in-depth information about the AP ICET 2019, candidates need to go through the article meticulously.
AP ICET 2019 Exam Pattern
- Mode – The entrance of AP ICET 2019 will be conducted in online mode
- Medium – in AP ICET 2019 exam, candidates can write the answer in English Language for section C whereas, for Section A and B, both in English and Telugu language, answer can be written.
- Question-type – only objective-type questions will be asked in AP ICET 2019 examination.
- of Questions – total 200 number of questions will be asked
- Time Duration – for the completion of AP ICET 2019 test paper, candidates will be given the time duration of 2 and a half hours or 150 minutes.
- Marking Scheme – 1 mark will be bestowed to the candidates for choosing the correct answer and for incorrect answer, there will be no mark deduction.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
AP ICET 2019 Syllabus
Analytical Ability- This section comprises of the topics that aim at testing the problem solving and decision-making ability of the candidates. Now, let’s have a look at the topics which are covered under this section:
- Data Sufficiency
- Sequence and Series
- Completion of Blank Spaces
- Missing no. in a sequence and series
- Odd One Out
- Analogies of Numbers
- Analogies of Alphabet
- Data Analysis
- Venn Diagram
- Pie Chart
- Bar Diagram
- Data Time and Arrangement Problem:
- Clock Problems
- Seating Arrangements
- Calendar Problems
- Departures and Schedules
- Blood Relationships
- Notation Interpretation
Mathematical Ability – The questions asked from this section consists of those topics that check the mathematical skills of the candidates. Therefore, let’s go through the topics from which the questions will be asked in AP ICET 2019 exam:
- Algebra and Geometry Ability
- Relations and Functions
- Implication Converse and Inverse
- Truth Tables
- Applications-Equations of a Line in different forms
- Arithmetical Ability
- Numbers and Divisibility
- Profit and Loss
- Distance and Work
- Areas and Volumes
- Laws of Indices
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Ratio and Proportion
- C.M and G.C.D
- Modern Arithmetic
- Trigonometric Identities
- Linear Equations and Expressions
- Remainder Theorem and Consequences
- Binomial Theorem
- Plane Geometry – Triangles, Circles, Lines, Quadrilaterals, Co-ordinate Geometry
- Problems on Heights and Distances
- Notion of a limit and derivatives
- Statistical Ability
- Standard Deviation
- Frequency Distributions
- Simple Problems on Probability
- Mean, Mode & Median
Communication Ability-This section comprises of the questions that check the communication skills of the candidates along with their pronunciation, grammar, writing skills etc. Therefore, let’s check out the topics covered here:
- Functional Grammar
- Reading Comprehension
- Business and Computer Terminology
- Identification of Basic Terminology
- Concepts in Computer and Business Contexts that includes agenda, reports, minutes, memoranda, letters etc.
Books for the Preparation of AP ICET 2019 Exam
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – R.S. Agarwal
- A companion to Communication Skills in English – J.K. Mishra
- ICET Model Papers – Vikram
- ICET for MBA/MCA 2007-2017 Solved Papers – Kiran Prakash
- Objective General English – R.S. Aggarwal
- English Grammar – Wren and Martin
Preparation Tips for AP ICET 2019
- First of all, go through the syllabus and exam pattern in order to have in-depth knowledge about each section and topic covered under them.
- Further, start with the topic that seems difficult to the candidates, and try to clear the concept, solve as many problems the candidates can on a regular basis in order to overcome the weakness and implify the accuracy level.
- Solve the question as well as sample papers of the preceding years in order to know the difficulty level of the exam, question-type, and most importantly, the overall pattern of the test paper.
- Purchase books of best authors to learn different methods, tips and tricks for solve complicated questions.
- Before 2-3 months of the commencement of the AP ICET 2019 exam, start taking online mock tests to magnify the time management skills which will be beneficial for the candidates during the exam
- At last, stay calm and confident for the exam.
AP ICET 2019 Exam Pattern is expected to remain the same like every year. Therefore candidates who are about to go for the entrance test for 2019 must go through the articles that provide them the credible information related to the exam pattern or syllabus of AP ICET. Apart from this, candidates must also check the eligibility criteria before they start preparing for the exam.