B.Sc. Hospitality Studies stands Bachelor of Science Hospitality Studies, it is an under graduate degree course especially for Science students who are interested in hospitality and related field. The degree course is designed by the Mumbai University (MU), it is for the time period of three year and the whole course is divided into six semesters. The course is structured in a very condensate manner which is enclosed with all the skills and knowledge necessary for gaining expertise in the field. Applicant can perceive the course from any of the college affiliated to the Mumbai University. The B.Sc. Hospitality Studies degree would be awarded by the MU at the end sixth semester if applicants pass and gain all the necessary knowledge require to start their career.
B.Sc. Hospitality Studies
|Name of the course||Bachelor of Science Hospitality Studies|
|Commonly known as||B.Sc. Hospitality Studies|
|Conducting University||Mumbai University|
B.Sc. Hospitality Studies Eligibility
- Any candidate passed from HSC passed from recognized board.
- If applicant is from other board eligibility certificate issued by the Eligibility Section, University of Mumbai is must.
- Applicants age limit should be between 17 and 20 years of age.[wp_ad_camp_2]
- Marks scored by the applicant should be more than 45% from any stream.
- Also applicant should have 50% average marks scored in the 10th standard board examination along with 55% marks in the English Language subject.
B.Sc. Hospitality Studies Syllabus
- Food Production & Patisserie I
- Food & Beverage Service I
- Housekeeping I
- Communication Skills
- Information Technology
- Food, Safety & Nutrition
- Front Office I
- Food Production & Patisserie II
- Food & Beverage Service II
- Communication Skills
- Principles of Hotel Accountancy
- Principles of Management
- Front Office II
- Housekeeping II
- Food Production & Patisserie III
- Food & Beverage Service III
- Management Information System in Hospitality Industry
- Front Office III
- Housekeeping III
- Hotel Accountancy & Cost Control
- Hospitality Law & Human Resource Management
- Industrial Training for all core Departments: Kitchen, F & B Service, Front Office & Housekeeping
- Food Production & Patisserie V
- Food & Beverage Management V
- Front Office V
- Housekeeping V
- Corporate English
- Environmental & Sustainable Tourism
- Organizational Behaviour
- Strategic Management
- Event Planning, Marketing & Management
- Core Elective (Any TWO)
- Advanced Food Production
- Advanced Food & Beverage Operations Management
- Advanced Housekeeping
- Advanced Front Office
- Advanced Bakery & Confectionery
- Allied Elective (Any ONE)
- Revenue Management
- Foreign Language (French)
- Services Marketing
- Financial Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
B.Sc. Hospitality Studies Selection
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in Written Examination, Group discussion and Personal Interview conducted by the college.
B.Sc. Hospitality Studies Exam Pattern
The performance of the applicant shall be evaluated into two parts. The applicant performance shall be assessed by Internal Assessment with 40% marks in the first part & by conducting the Semester End Examinations with 60% Marks in the second part.
Internal Marks distribution
|Two Assignments/Case study/Project||20|
|One class Test (multiple choice questions objective)||10|
|Active participation in routine class instructional deliveries(case studies/ seminars/presentation)||05|
|Overall conduct as a responsible student, manners, skill in articulation, leadership qualities demonstrated through organizing co-curricular activities, etc.||05|
Practical 20 marks
|Two best practical’s||10|
Written examination 60 marks
Duration – These examinations shall be of two hours duration.
Theory question paper pattern:
- There will be four questions each carrying 15 marks. On each unit there will be one question & fourth one will be based on entire syllabus.
- All questions shall be compulsory with internal choice within the questions each question will be of 20 to 23 marks with options.
- Questions will be sub-divided into sub questions a, b, c, d & e only and the allocation of marks depends on the weight-age of the topic in that subject.
Top B.Sc. Hospitality Studies colleges in Mumbai
List of colleges offering same course
- All India Shree Shivaji Memorial Society’s College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Amro Institute
- Anjuman-I-Islam’s Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Apeejay Institute of Hospitality
- Arhihant College of Hotel and Tourism Management
- Arun Muchhala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Atharva College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- B. P. Marine Academy