B. Sc. Aeronautics Mechanical is a well known and developing Degree Bachelor Course in of Science stream, actual name of the course is Bachelor of Science programme in Aeronautics Mechanical. The course is designed by Mumbai University for the time period of three years, where an applicant will be trained to suit the demand of Aviation Industry. A degree in B Sc. Aeronautics Mechanical would be awarded to the applicant if he/she passes all the six semesters with minimum 40% marks. It can be good career option if you really the passion for entering in Aeronautic field, the working force in this field is not enough and hence passing B Sc. Aeronautics Mechanical will fetch a good pay. The whole course consists of six semesters and maximum tenure cannot exceed 6 years.
B. Sc. Aeronautics Mechanical Details
|Name of Degree||Bachelor of Science programme in Aeronautics Mechanical|
|Commonly known as||B Sc. Aeronautics Mechanical|
|Conducting Authority||Mumbai University|
|Course Tenure||3 years*|
|Minimum Qualification||HSC Passed|
Note * Degree Course is for 3 years divided into six semesters but an applicant cannot take more than Six years.
B. Sc. Aeronautics Mechanical Eligibility
For applying in the three years integrated course of B Sc Aeronautics (Mechanical) by Mumbai University, an applicant should fit at least one criterion mentioned below
- An applicant must be MSBHSC HSC passed or equivalent of any other Government state board
- Minimum 45% in aggregate (Open), 40% for (Reserved Category) and should have subjects like with English, Physics and Mathematics subjects.
- (10 + 3) awarded by MSBTE or equivalent by any other Government body in following branches of engineering. (Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, Computer, Information Technology, Automobile, Industrial Electronics, Radio Engineering and Telecommunication, Instrumentation.
B. Sc. Aeronautics Mechanical Fees structure:
|Other fees/ Extra Curricular Activity||125||125||125||125||125||125|
|Disaster relief Fund||10||0||10||0||10||10|
|ID Card & Library Fees||50||0||50||0||50||0|
|Group Insurance Fees ***||250||250||250||250||250||250|
|Student Welfare fund||25||25||25||25||25||25|
|Vice Chancellor’s Fund||20||0||20||0||20||0|
|Uni. Sports & Culture||30||0||30||0||30||0|
|Total of ( A) & (B)||36325||35825||36105||35825||36105||35825|
|Total of A& B &C||46275||35825||36105||35825||36105||35825|
|No Objection Certificate||20||20||20||20||20||20|
|Industrial Visit Fees||500||500||500||500||500||500|
|Computer Practical Fees||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Alumni Association Fees||25||25||25||25||25||25|
|Document Verification Fees*||400||400||400||400||400||400|
Note: Refundable Security Deposit of Rs. 10,000/- which will be refunded after completion of course / after completion of Six years whichever is earlier *- To be charged from students those who are not from MSBHSC. ***- Rs. 250/- on Rs. 1,00,000/-policy.
Each semester has two units and each after six weeks training. At the end of semesters, there will be one examination.
Mumbai University has divided the whole career in 60:40 ratio means 60 marks for written paper and 40 marks Internal examination
B. Sc. Aeronautics Mechanical Exam Pattern
Distribution of Internal assessments
The distribution of marks is as per University of Mumbai
|Internal assessment: Theory|
|Unit Test (To) –||10 marks each||20 marks|
|Assignments||10 marks||10 marks|
|Viva||10 marks||10 marks|
Course having Practical training will have Practical Examination for 50 marks at the end of Semester, out of which 30 marks for the Practical task assigned at the time of examination. The 20 marks are allotted as Internal Assessment.
Internal assessment: Practical
|Best of Five||10 marks|
|Work Culture-||05 marks|
|Journal work –||05 marks|
The passing percentage given below is per Mumbai University
The Passing percentage for the Course is 40%. The candidate should score 40% in the individual examination of the Course i.e. Theory & Practical (as applicable) examination.
|Examination||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks for passing||Total|
|Written /||Internal||Written /||Internal|
Note: Syllabus for the each Semester can be completed in at least 20 weeks of Theory & Practical training. The hands-on training can be given only in the Aviation Organization.
Theory / Practical: 20 weeks.
Unit test: Every course in the Semester will have two unit tests, each after Six weeks of training for the course. It will take Two weeks cumulative. One week for Final Semester Examination.
Course and Duration
Aeronautical Engineering is an emerging field of engineering study. The basic requirements for the course that the students must have a good command in the Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The candidates have a choice to choose the field after the 10+2 with a good percentage
There are three types of Aeronautical Engineering
these are as follows.
- Polytechnic Diploma Course: With the Duration of 3 years after 20 or 10 +2 examination.
- UG Degree courses: The leading to the ME/M.Tech with the duration of 4 years after 10+2 examination.
- PG Degree Courses: Leading the ME/.Tech with the duration of 2 years after the completion of UG Degree in the Engineering
- Doctoral Degree Courses; Leading to the PhD domain with the Duration of 1-2 years after the completion of PG Degree in AE.
The Specialisation of the Aeronautical Engineering are as follows
- Electronic Systems
- Aerospace Propulsion
- Ground Vehicle Systems
- Aircraft Structures and Materials
- Structural Analysis
- Transportation Systems
- Aerodynamics and Fluid Dynamics
- Structural Design and Engineering
- Instrumentation And Communication
- Navigational Guidance and Control Systems.
Required Skills in Aeronautics
- Team Work and Communication Skills
- Ability to think and Achieve
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Time Management Skills
Jobs and Career
There are lots of companies which recruit the Aeronautical Engineers. The work fields of the Aeronautical Engineers are becoming the broader with the growing technology over the world.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Thermal Design Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Aerospace Designer Checker
- Graduate Engineer Trainees
- Assistant Technical Officers
- Assistant Aircraft Engineers
- Aircraft Production Manager
- Air India
- Indian Airlines
- Private Air Lines
- Fight Clubs
- Modern Compressible Flow with Historical Perspective By Anderson, J.D
- Elements of Gas Dynamics By Liepmann, H.W., and Roshko
- Fluid Mechanics By Landau, L.D., & Lifshitz, E.M
- Aerodynamics, Aeronautics & Flight Mechanics By McCormick, B.W
- Flight Stability and Automatic Control By Nelson, R.C
- Dynamics of Flight By Etkin, B. and Reid, L.D
- Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, and Flight Mechanics By McCormick, B.W
- Aerodynamics for Engineers By Bertin, J.J
- The Dynamics and Thermodynamics of Compressible Fluid Flow By Shapiro, A.H
- Aircraft Structures for Engineering Students By Megson, T.H.G
- Aircraft Structures By Peery, D.J. and Azar, J.J
- Jet Propulsion By Cumpsty, N
- Gas Turbine Theory By Saravanamuttoo, H.I.H., Rogers, G.F.C. and Cohen, H
- Gas Turbine Engineering Handbook By Boyce, M.P
- Air Transportation: A Management Perspective By When Sven
- Global Airline Industry By Belobaba, P., Odoni, A. and Barnhart, C
- Airframe Analysis and Sizing By Niu, M.C
- Airframe Structural Design By Niu, M.C
- Elements of Gas Turbine Propulsion By Mattingly, J.D
- Fundamentals of Jet Propulsion with Applications By Flack, R.D
- Aerothermodynamics of Aircraft Engine Components By Oates, G.C
- Airline Operations and Scheduling By M. Bazargan, M
- Airport Planning and Management By Wells, A. and Young
All the Government & Private aviation organisations and Aircraft & Spacecraft manufacturing and testing units generally require the trained candidates.
The career in aeronautical engineering is very reputed, respectfully and challenging and moreover, it is a very good in order to handsome paying jobs
After the completion of a degree in aeronautical engineering, you are eligible for not only in design & production of aircraft and spacecraft but also in turbines, high-speed trains (bullet trains) flying gadgets turbine Productions & Design.
Some of the job profiles
Some of the reputed recruiters of Aeronautical Engineering are following
An aeronautical engineer earns an average of 5 to 6 Lakh per annum. It has a great opportunity to work in government sector. The salaries in the government sector are decided as per the Pay Scale for the particular post.
The Aeronautical Engineering has a wide scope of getting high salaries by merging their skill and innovative ideas on the field.
A good academician background also triggers to the career and salary.
It has a good scope of careers in Aborad also. A candidate can get the initial packages of $70000 to 100000.
Books & study material
Some of the preferred books and references are following