BITSAT 2018 – Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test, is conducted every year for admission to Engineering, Pharmacy and Science courses and is a popular university level examination. This examination is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) at its three campuses located in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. This entrance test is a computer based online exam. BITSAT 2018 Examination will tentatively start in the month of May 2018.
Complete information about BITSAT 2018 – exam dates, eligibility, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, etc is provided below.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Dates
The following are the Important Exam Dates of BITSAT 2018:
Examination Slot booking3rd week of March to 1st week of April 2018
|Commencement of Application form||4th week of December 2017|
|Last date of registration||2nd week of March 2018|
|Date for Correction in Application form||2nd week of March 2018|
|Allotment of Exam Centre||3rd week of March 2018|
|Examination Slot booking||3rd week of March to 1st week of April 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Examination date||2nd week of May to last week of May 2018|
BITSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for BITSAT 2018 should check the eligibility criteria before applying for BITSAT Examination. Following are the BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018:
- Candidates should have a score of 75% in PCM or PCB groups. Aspirants who are currently appearing for qualifying exams are also eligible to appear for BITSAT 2018.
- The Candidates appearing for BITSAT 2018 should have completed higher secondary or equivalent examination with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English for all the programs except B.Pharm which requires English as a subject.
BITSAT 2018 Application Form
BITSAT 2018 application form will be filled and submitted through online mode only.
- BITSAT Application form 2018 will be available online tentatively in the 4th week of December.
- The BITSAT 2018 application will be available on the official website and from their candidates will be able to register themselves.
- The last date for filling the application form is in the month of March 2018.
- Candidates should fill the application form on time without waiting for the last date.
- Candidates will be allotted exam centre on basis of the availability and allotment preference given by candidate at the time of filling the application form.
- Candidates should take a printout of their filled in application form for further reference.
- The registration fee for male candidates is Rs. 2750/- and for female candidates is Rs. 2250/-.
- Candidates choosing Dubai as the test centre, have to pay US $60 For both female and male candidates.
- The fee can be paid online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking and offline through e-challan.
- Online Card Payment is only via visa or master card.
How to Apply for BITSAT 2018
Candidates can follow the steps given below to fill the BITSAT application form 2018:
- Go to the official link (link will be given above).
- Click on the “Click here to apply online” link.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click on “Allow me to Apply Online” link.
- If you are registering first time then, click on “New Registration”.
- Now, you have to enter personal details like Name, Gender, Address, Email ID, Date of Birth, etc.
- Click on the “Proceed” button.
- Also, enter 12th examination details and preferences of the test centre.
- If you want to edit your filled details then, click on “Edit and Save Details” button, otherwise click on “Confirm and Submit Details” button.
- Note, down the generated application number.
- Upload your scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- At last, print the filled-in application form and retain it safe for future record.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The BITSAT Exam Pattern 2018 is mentioned below:
- The duration of examination will be of 3 hours.
- The examination will be on computers, totally online based.
- There will be Multiple Choice Questions with 4 options.
- The Marking scheme consists of 3 marks for each correct answer.
- There is Negative Marking and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The total number of questions asked will be 150.
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
BITSAT 2018 Examination Syllabus
- BITSAT Syllabus 2018 will be officially declared on their website by the concerned authority.
- BITSAT syllabus is based on NCERT books of 11th & 12th standards.
- The questions are asked from different subjects like Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Following is the detailed syllabus:
Newton’s Laws of Motion, Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, etc.
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, etc.
Complex numbers, Logarithms and their properties, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Theory of Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle, etc.
Structure and Function – Plants, Structure and Function – Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, etc, Diversity in Living World, Cell – The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution,
Binary Logic, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Syllogism, Classification Test, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, etc.
Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Vocabulary, Verbal Ability, Analogies, Synonyms, Antonyms, Conclusion, Composition, Comprehension, Word Formation, etc.
BITSAT 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates can download the BITSAT Admit Card 2018 tentatively around the 2nd week of April 2018 from the official website.
- Candidates need to submit their application number and password for downloading their Admit Card.
- Candidates have to bring along their Admit Card at the time Examination.
- Candidates should take a printout of the Admit card.
- Admit card comprises of candidates information – Name, Date of Birth, Photo, Exam name, Time and Venue of Examination as well.
BITSAT 2018 Preparation Tips
- Firstly, candidates are requested to gather the relevant information and study material as given in the BITSAT 2018 Syllabus.
- Candidate should prepare a proper study time table.
- Practising mock tests and previous year question papers will help the students in preparing for the examination.
- Try to be relaxed and stress-free and concentrate on studies.
BITSAT 2018 Result
- BITSAT Result 2018 will be declared tentatively around 1st week of July 2018 on the official website(bitsadmission.com).
- The result declaration will be through online mode on the official website.
- Candidates can check their results for BITSAT 2018 by submitting their roll number and other details on the website.
- Merit list will be declared after the results official available on the institute’s website.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of BITSAT 2018 results, the candidates will be called for BITSAT Counselling on the basis of merit list.
- Candidates have to register for counselling on the official website after successfully clearing the BITSAT 2018 Examination.
- Aspirants have to fill their details about qualifying exam marks and preferences for admission.
- Students will be called for counselling as per their preferences given in the application form.
- Applicants are required to report at the allotted college with required documents and fee to confirm their admission.
Keep visiting for further updates about BITSAT 2018 and drop down a comment below for any doubts or query.