“Biotechnology Engineering Course” is a rising order of engineering which is a joint education of engineering and biology for development and research. When e use this technology to study, understand and research & development the Bio-organism, micro-organism, living cell functions and related subjects, we need to have a sound information of technology and biology. Biotechnology Engineering is a blend of chemistry, engineering, genetics, biochemistry and microbiology.
Biotechnology Engineering applies in the field of agriculture, animal husbandry, energy production and pollution control, conservation, eco-conservation, disease research and development and research of vaccines, medicines, fertilisers and insecticides.
Biotechnology Engineering Course Duration
Biotechnology Engineering is a rising and challenging field of engineering & technology.
The academic criterion of Biotechnology Engineering is separated into three courses/programs as follows:
- Diploma courses leading to the polytechnic diploma of 3 years (after 10th or 12th)
- UG courses leading to the Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree of 4 years duration. (after 12th)
- PG courses leading to the Tech (Master of Technology) degree of 2 years duration. (after graduation)
In order to enter in PG (M.Tech/M.S/ M.E) program, B.Tech in Biotechnology Engineering is compulsory.
India has the best environment to benefit the research program in the field of Biotechnology Engineering due to a variety of climatically conditions, long coastal line and biggest bio.
Jobs & Career in Biotechnology Engineering Field
There is a big chance to get top paid and reputed job in the field of biotechnology engineering in India as well as abroad.
A variety of government, pharmaceutical companies & private research lab, government analysis laboratories, agricultural research lab, clinical research bodies and a variety of reputed and connected organisations are hiring the Biotechnology engineers, at the current employment scenario.
The job titles of the Biotechnology Engineers:
- Lab Technician
- Research Scientist
- Research Associate
- Science Writer
- Sales Representative
- Quality Control Officer
Biotechnology Engineering has expanded in various specialisations as the following.
- Molecular Biology
- Animal Husbandry
- Problem Solving Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Team working skills
The candidate is admitted in undergraduate and postgraduate engineering courses in the field of biotechnology through entrance exam. The entrance exam is conducted at national level, state level and University level.
For the Admission to a B.Tech/ B.E. course, the candidates have to apply for the national level entrance exam and conducted by CBSE. Admission into the IIT’s & NIT’s is done through JEE Advanced which is the second stage of JEE Main, Besides this, the other popular entrance exam is AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, VITEEE, KCET and much more.
Those wishing to take admission in M.Tech/ M.E course are required to apply for GATE. It is the perfect gateway for the admissions to the IIT’s and NITS for pursuing postgraduate engineering courses.
here are listing some of the best colleges for pursuing the biotechnology engineering
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Noida
- School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
Salary Range in Biotechnology Engineering Field
A fresher graduate can be paid the initial package of 2.5 lakh per annum. After getting the experience of two or more years, he can get the double or multiple of it.
Whereas abroad, you can get the usual salary of $100000 per annum.
Books and Study Material
The top recommended books in the field of Electronics and communication Engineering
- 57Fe Mössbauer Spectroscopic and Density Functional Theory (DFT) Study of the Interactions of the Metal Ion with Monosaccharides
Yassin Jeilani, Beatriz H. Cardelino and Natarajan Ravi
- In Vivo Imaging: New Research
Rick Hough and Jared Camarillo
- Advanced Biologically Active Polyfunctional Compounds and Composites: Health, Cultural Heritage and Environmental Protection
Nodar Lekishvili, Gennady Zaikov, Bob Howell
- Advances in Biotechnology: A Practical Approach
Harish Kumar Dhingra, P.N. Jha and P. Bajpai
- Advances in Membrane Science and Technology
- Agricultural Biotechnology: An Economic Perspective
Caswell, Margriet F. ; Fuglie, Keith O. ; Klotz, Cassandra A.
- Bacteria in Environmental Biotechnology: The Malaysian Case Study-Analysis, Waste Utilisation and Wastewater Remediation
Wan Azlina Ahmad, Zainoha Zakaria and Zainul Akmar Zakaria
- Bioactive Compounds: Types, Biological Activities and Health Effects
Ahmed Bitterlich and Sahar Fischl
- Biocatalytic Technology and Nanotechnology
Zaikov, G. E.
- Bioceramics: Properties, Preparation and Applications