Best Schools in India 2019- Choosing the perfect school for the children on the part of the students becomes very difficult. This is because there are numerous board affiliations as well as schools spread across the country that it is next to impossible for choosing the school that has the best faculty, outstanding campus, quality education, and imminent amenities as well. There has to be some sort of solution that will definitely offer some help to all the students aspiring to procure a bright future, academically. Schooling is the most prior choice that is ought to be made with consciousness and decisively as it is the only way to frame the future of the students, respectively.
Factors Important for Choosing the Best Schools in India 2019
Before the selection of the best school for the children, the parents ought to abide by the information provided in the trusted portals of the same schools. Some of the essential criteria have been provided below comprehensively.
- Quality of Education
- The Space of the Campus
- The Experience of faculty
- The Status of the Affiliation
- The availability of the basic amenities
St. Xavier’s Collegiate School, Kolkata:
The St. Xavier’s Collegiate School, Kolkata is ranked as one of the most renowned schools for the children across the country on the basis of its academically blended roots with the needs and demands of the students beyond the classroom. It is a private, English medium school for only boys in the Kolkata city which had been established in the year 1860 to impart education to the Catholic children without any discrimination on the grounds of caste, creed or religion.
St. Xavier’s Collegiate School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), which is responsible to conduct the ISCE and ISC examinations in classes X and XII consecutively. The Board official is responsible for conducting the examinations, prescribing the syllabus, declare the dates of the events happening and also the declaration of the results of the students.
Students can choose one of the two curricula for the secondary and higher secondary examinations up to the class X. Classes are held for ICSE and ISC boards from classes XI and XII, as the number of students opting for the West Bengal board is very minor.
The school organizes extra-curricular activities such as elocution, debate, quiz, scouts and guides, photography, film screenings and sports including football, cricket, track and field, hockey, badminton, and table tennis.
The school also has a computer club, nature club, and a social service committee.
Facilities: The school has two spaced campuses, one for the primary section and another for the second section that is, from class VI to XII. The school also has a fully stocked library, separate laboratories for both science and computers as well as a well-maintained sports complex for all the students.
Doon School, Dehradun
The Doon School is the topper amongst all other top schools in India that is located in the city of Dehradun earning its momentum by imparting the best quality academic benefits to all its students across the state in particular and country in general. The school was founded in the year 1935 by a Kolkata lawyer named Satish Ranjan Das. The school is affiliated to the ICSE thus, offering the International Baccalaureate courses. The school boasts of its campus which is over 30acres of land for playing sports on the part of the students. The students are guaranteed to meet the best academic support from this school positively no matter what comes. The school was established in the year 1935 as a residential school open to all the students across the country for attaining a satisfaction of immense knowledge acquisition.
The admission process for the Doon School carries on from the month of January to April every consecutive year. The candidates who seek for getting admissions in the school need to qualify through the entrance test with two diverged steps. In the very first step, the boys are expected to sit for the test in the centres allotted to them and in the next step the boys who qualify through the entrance test get a chance to interact with the principal through the person or face to face interview.
Mallya Aditi International School, Bangalore:
The Mallya Aditi International School, Bangalore is a well known private body that makes its efforts to make the interests of the students from across the nation align with the academic prospects designed for the students every consecutive year. It has been selected from across the globe by the Cambridge University an epitome of science examinations with an experimental approach.
- The school is affiliated to the ICSE, ISC and IGCSE curriculum for all the classes/standards.
- The school believes that not only academic but along with the former the art, music, and drama are ought to balanced uniformly in the process of learning and are not just extracurricular activities.
- All the students studying in the classes IX and XI can definitely opt for qualifications offered by the CISCE with the ICSE examination in class X and ISC in class XII.
- The Cambridge University also offers the Cambridge International Examinations, Cambridge (UK), in class X and the Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) for the classes XI and XII.
- The international curricula and agendas make it very comprehensive for the school’s graduates to get admission into the top-notch universities across the world.
- Its renowned Creative Arts Department has come up with various commendable and appreciable concerts, artwork, musicals, and plays.
- Moreover, this department has led several initiatives to encourage the integration of creative arts into several other parts of the curriculum.
- There are two libraries, for all the elementary as well as the senior school, well-stocked with more than 20,000 titles that cover almost all the genres and subjects.
- The school conducts numerous events and interactive sessions for the students in the libraries throughout the year, such as read-a-thons, story-telling workshops and ‘Meet the Author Evening’, with parent and known guest speakers.
- There are five laboratories separately established for all the required subjects namely, one each for Chemistry, Biology, Physics and two for Computer Science, respectively. All the labs in the school are well-designed, safe, well-equipped, spacious and air-conditioned.
- There are well maintained and hygienic canteens, washrooms, and also auditoriums where annual functions and others seasonal events take place comprehensively.
Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai
Established by the Brand Multinational Company Reliance Industries, under the name of the company Dhirubhai Ambani in the year 2003, the school has an autonomous affiliation to the CISCE since its inception. It holds the pledge to impart the most quality education to its admitted students every year consecutively. It is a private school emphasizing on the imparting education, on the extracurricular activities, surrounded by the lawns, playgrounds, landscaped gardens and greenery all over. The school imparts good education to all the students from kindergarten to class 12, respectively.
The DAIS is a part accredited to the following International organizations:
- Global member of Round Square
- Accredited by CIS (Council of International School)
- Accredited by NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges)
- Member of ISTA (International Schools Theatre Association)
- THIMUN (The Hague International Model United Nations) Affiliate
- Associate member of NESA (Near East South Asia Council of Overseas Schools)
- Member of NACAC (National Association for College Admission Counselling)
The facilities in the school are boundless consisting of the following:
- The school has 60 classrooms with digital locks, writing boards, custom made furniture, lockers for the students as well as broadband internet.
- There are adjacent playgrounds to the classrooms of the children including sports like table tennis, basketball courts, volleyball and others sorts of sports for students from LKG to 12th
- There are separate laboratories for physics, biology, chemistry, as well as computers. There are some separate rooms for the robotics and art gallery as well.
- There is the fully stocked library for the students where they can choose amidst a rich collection of 40,000 books of vivid genres.
- The students are also exposed to the periodicals, audio-video resources and also research equipment.
- There is a multipurpose auditorium along with the yoga room for asanas of mental and physical peace and tranquility.
Cathedral and John Connon
The Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai is the third largest school in the country which is also affiliated to the ICSE board of education since its inception in the year 1860, offering quality education and spellbound International Baccalaureate Diploma programme. The admission procedures to this school are difficult for others but the elite class only.
- Photocopies of the Birth Certificate.
- Photocopies of the Results of standard IX, X, and Preliminary Examinations.
- Photocopies of the Certificates of co-curricular/extracurricular activities
- The last date for application is 15th February.
- Late and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Contact numbers and emails are essential.
Inquiries regarding applications that have been submitted will not be entertained. The school will contact you only in case of a vacancy.
Admission to Class XI is provisional until the results of the ICSE Examination are declared. Students not qualifying in the ICSE Examination will automatically not be eligible to continue with the ISC (XII) course. Moreover, the seat availability and concern of the principal is very important for the decision of admission of the children.
Delhi Public School Society
The Delhi Public School Society is considered as one of the academic warriors among others in the top list. The school was established in the year 1949 by Pinkeh Barjatiya which has 333 schools under its manifestation, respectively nationally as well as internationally.
- The school is affiliated to the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
- It offers a common curriculum to all students up to the class X, along with a foreign language option.
- In class XI and XII, students choose one of three five-subject streams: Commerce, Science or Humanities.
- The focus of the school throughout the year in Preparatory classes relies upon the cognitive development and enhancement of the language and interpersonal skills.
Rishi Valley School, Bangalore
Situated in the city of Bangalore, the Rishi Valley School is an established boarding school by Jiddu Krishnamurthy. Not only does the school is motivated towards the imparting of quality education to all the students affiliated with the same, but also strongly empathize with the community development work as well as co-curricular activities. The campus is spacious with experienced faculty executing the best plans for the students. The school is located amidst the ancient hills with greenery all around thus, accounting attention to the wildlife protection and global awareness as well. It participates in debates, discussions, conducts examinations, holds events, and regular routines assemblies uniformly.
The D.A.V. Boys Senior Secondary School, Gopalapuram, Chennai:
D.A.V. Boys is popular for its commendable results in the CBSE class XII examinations. Over the years, it has been ranked among the top school in India, especially in academics as well as their credit to balance both studies as well as co-curricular activities as well.
- A.V. Boys are affiliated to the CBSE curriculum from standard VI.
- The core subjects that are taught in the school to all the standards except XI and XII are science, mathematics, social science, English, and language. Language choices are Sanskrit, Hindi, and Tamil.
- Computer science, third language, electrical gadgets, woodwork, and art are compulsory for all the students until class VIII.
- The school has well-maintained, spacious and airy classrooms.
- Its well-stocked library is available for students for research and presentations.
- The school has separate labs for computer and science and AV room, and a music room and dance room.
- There is a sports complex to encourage sports and physical activity.
The Scindia School, Gwalior
The Scindia School is originally known as the Sardar’s School which was founded in the year 1897 with its roots in the history of India. With a unique location of the school, it has been ranked as the second most renowned boarding schools for boys only, in the country with English as its medium of communication. The school is motivated towards spreading the dimensions of academics to all its students across the city of Gwalior and beyond with overwhelming curricular activities leading the path of the students.
The Scindia School admission commences with: a) Common Aptitude Analysis (CAA) b) Scindia School Aptitude Analysis (SAA) which is exclusive to The Scindia School, Fort, Gwalior.
There are several centers for appearing for the assessment test namely, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida, Lucknow, and Gwalior
Students shortlisted after the CAA & SAA are called out by the authorities of the school for an Interactive Session (face to face interview) of games & sports, co-curricular activities, and interaction with the Faculty.
Mayo College, Ajmer
Founded in the year of 1875, the Mayo College in Ajmer is a reputed boy’s boarding school in India. The school has a holistic approach to teach the students attaining admission in the school every consecutive year. The faculty team consists of imminent educators who have an aim of navigating their students not only culturally but also socially with debates, discussions, effective communication and lots more apart from studies. With the evaluation of discipline and sense of confidence, the students get an enhancement in their performance at every stage with the mutual relation between teachers and students, respectively.
Mayo college is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education with a hint of producing the International curricula in the future prospects, with integrated knowledge and advancement of technology. The school focuses on sports, smart virtual classes and also produces excellent academic results every year, positively.
The students are encouraged to indulge in multiple activities like the dance society, debates and discussions, Geographical Society, Mountaineering & Trekking Club, Aero Modeling Society, Cray Computer Club, Natural History Society, Science Club, Adult Education Society, Photography, Lalit Kala Parishad, Sangeet Parishad, Hindi Literary Society, Museum Society, Dramatic Society, Hindi Debating Society, English Debating Society, and Library Committee, Interact Club.
The Welham School
The Welham School has attained its inception since 1957 by educating 10 girls and now holds more than the totality of 600 girls. The school is affiliated to the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations where the academic year begins in the month of April and adjourns in the month of March month of the same academic year. English is the mode of communication and teaching, but apart from the same other languages like French, Sanskrit, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu etc are also taught equally to all the girls.
There are well-equipped classrooms, a well-stocked library, separate science, and computer labs, audio-visual ICT enabled teaching aids, co-curricular activity rooms, and so on.
The Admission Procedures
The admission for the classes 6, 7 and 9 are done only on the basis of the availability of seats for the students. Only the ones who sought to seek admission in classes 11 have to appear for the admission assessment test which is also known as the aptitude or proficiency test held in the month of June of every consecutive year. The school allows students to opt for all the three streams namely, Humanities, Commerce, and Science.
The admission requires filling an application form that needs to be filled with relevant information and then submitted on the prescribed date with the fees. The required documents that need to be attached to the form are passport size photographs, photocopy of birth certificate, transfer certificate as well as registration fee.
Bishop Cotton School, Shimla
Being one of the oldest schools in India, the Bishop Cotton School, Shimla was founded in the year 1859 by Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton. It is a renowned boarding school in the country with its academic scopes raised high. It is aimed towards offering its affiliated students the highest quality of education with the aim of empowering and encouraging the students as the not only nation
- Spaced Rooms
- Curzon House
- Ibbetson House
- Lefroy House
- Rivaz House
- Labs for computers and science
- Dining area and kitchen
- Shooting Range
- Internet Browsing center
- School Canteen
- Security Cameras
For the admission to this school, the candidates must qualify through the admission assessment test or entrance test which is based on the merit and rankings. The format of the merit-based admission procedure includes the Student Information Form which is expected to be filled out and accomplished by the parents of the students. The academic session reckons for new students every year through the test that has no certain syllabus but the basic knowledge that the students must acquire related to the language subjects as well as the general awareness as well.
The Lawrence School, Sanawar
Established in the year 1847, the Lawrence School, Sanawar is an age-old school surrounded with heavy forests and serene climate with its affiliation to the Central Board of Secondary Education with a co-educational platform. The most essential point that is attached to the school is the cordial relationship that lies between the teacher and the students, the understanding of the educators that education is not limited to the books and classrooms, and also the emphasis on the creativity and skill management.
There are certain aims and objectives of the school that are highlighted as below:
- To attain the highest scores
- To offer quality education to all students
- To develop the students, culturally and socially
- To impart diverse learning resource to all the students
- To attain academic excellence even beyond the classroom
All the boys and girls all across the country are welcomed to take admission in the school where the session begins in the month of April and takes an end in the month of March of the same academic year. Applications are received only till the end of October month through the application form which is made available in the school office.
Only for classes V, VI and VII, the school conducts an admission entrance test which is held in the month of November every consecutive year. The test is conducted for a total weightage of 100 marks for English, Mathematics, Science, and Hindi as well.
The Heritage School
The Heritage School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education that offers education up to Senior Secondary level. The curriculum is based upon the NCERT designed by the teachers who are hired for imparting the best education to all the students. The school also is renowned for offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma programs to all the students for grades 11 and 12 at Gurgaon campus. The principle of the school lies in the discipline, creativity, and authentic assessments, respectively.
The Admission Procedures
The admission procedures of this ranked school are like any other with both online and offline facilities available. The online procedure expects the parents to fill out the application form, attach the required documents with valid information and then submit the same with the fees expected within the prescribed date. Moreover, the offline procedure involves the students to submit the offline form in the school office itself. For the 11 standards, an assessment or entrance test is conducted where the students are evaluated according to the knowledge they acquire about the previous subjects that they have learned including, Science, Mathematics, Language and Social Science without any specified or prescribed syllabus.
The Vision of the School that makes it Unique
The school is taking its steps beyond the level of academic as well, and this is through the design and system generation with the upcoming verge of advanced technologies. The students are offered platforms where they gain knowledge about the digital tools and create artifacts of technologies.
Smt. Sulochanadevi Singhania School
The Smt. Sulochanadevi Singhania School was started in the green surroundings in the heart of Thane in the year 1969 which has bought the children from all walks of life to educate them and flourish their futures. The school is an unaided linguistic minority institution that has made its inception with a prestigious mark of prospering among other top schools with its discipline and quality of education imparted. The school is effectively aimed towards creating future leaders by enhancing the children not only academically but also in multiple activities apart from studies so that the children prove themselves in all phases of life.
The Admission Procedures:
The classes are classified into the elementary, middle and senior secondary schools for both girls and boys. It is open to offering admissions to all students from across the country with no bias on any grounds. No favors, consideration or references are entertained by the school for admission procedures and any request letter will result in the cancellation of the admission of the students. The forms are to be filled online or collected and submitted to the school offices with the required documents and fee on the date prescribed by the school.
- There are activity rooms for extracurricular activities performed on the part of the students.
- The students also have well-equipped classrooms and smart classes for the better understanding of the concepts visualized.
- There are labs for mathematics, science, and computers for all the students.
- Hygiene and discipline in canteens, classrooms, washrooms, and labs are strictly taken into the concern to prevent any sort of discrepancy or complain on the part of any of the students.
- The school offers open playgrounds and sports complex for the students of all standards so that they can enjoy their recess time to the fullest.
- All the functions of the schools are accomplished and celebrated in the well maintained and air-conditioned auditorium.
La Martiniere for Girls School, Kolkata
The La Martiniere for Girls School, Kolkata has been a mark of academic excellence in India with its efforts in enhancing both focusing on the all-round development of the students. The school is completely affiliated to the ICSE and ISC curriculum. The students are taught how to become a better global citizen with discipline and emphasis on the cultural heritage. Keeping academics in prior, the students are also taught extra activities like Abhigyan Club, Science Club, Nature Club, Drishti Club, Safety Patrol, Bible Club, Easel Club, Computer Club, Quiz Club, and lots more. The main motive is that both must go complimentary with sports like basketball, football, volleyball, swimming, lawn tennis and much more.
The Admission Procedures
The admission of students in all standards is done through the entrance or assessment test that selects the students according to the knowledge they have on several major subjects only to evaluate the amount of knowledge the students grasped in all they have studied in both the language and objective topics.
The decisions of the admissions to any of the schools are completely based upon the decisions of the principal and no sorts of request letters are entertained on any grounds except the merits and quality of the students.
- Computer Labs for all standards
- Mathematics Labs for all the standards
- Geography Labs for all the standards
- Science labs separated for chemistry, physics, and biology for all the classes
- Smart/Virtual Classes
- Spacious Classrooms
- Two Spacious Auditoriums
- Well Stocked Library
- Student Counselling rooms
- Audio Visual Rooms
- Art Gallery
- Swimming Pool
- Large Playground
The article above has been an epitome of the proper directions to the topmost schools in India for the academic year 2018-19. A quick review of all the schools is necessary on the part of all the students and their parents before deciding where to get admission as there are numerous options with several facilities and specialties that may be convenient for some and for some may not be. Thus, the article serves as a well-articulated guide for all the students from junior to senior enthusiasts across the nation for the present academic year.