Table of Content
Those of you who are waiting for the Bangalore University Ph.D. Admission 2017 to be released, this article would help you get a brief idea about the same.
Applications are invited for Ph.D. programs by Bangalore University. Those of you who desire to apply for the Bangalore University Ph.D. can do so by collecting the application form from the sales unit of Central College Campus, Bangalore University or also by visiting the official website of the university and downloading the application form and prospects.
We are glad to say that the official notification is released and the application forms would be available on the official website from 15th September 2016. Candidates would have have to appear for an Entrance Exam organized by the university which would be held in the 2nd week of November 2016.
Bangalore University Ph.D. Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Issue of Application Forms||15th Sep, 2016|
|Last date for the receipt of application||11th Oct, 2016|
|Date of Entrance Exam||13th Nov, 2016|
|Results would be released on||24th Nov, 2016|
Bangalore University Ph.D. Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Those candidates who have attained a Masters Degree from a recognized Institute or University and who have secured at least 55% marks would be eligible to apply for the PhD Degree program.
Candidates who belong to SC/ST/Cat-I/Differently need to score at least 50% marks in order to be eligible to apply for Ph.D. Degree.
Bangalore University Ph.D. Admission 2017 Application Process
- Firstly candidates need to download application form from the official website of the university.
- Candidates need to fill the forms as directed and submit the forms before the last date.
- Candidates need to upload their recent passport size photo and their email id in order to register successfully.
- Candidates would have upload the fee challan of the bank and only those who have uploaded the bank challan would get their hall tickets.
- Those candidates who are appearing for entrance exam will have to pay Rs 2000 online and those who would not be appearing for the entrance exam would have to pay Rs 1500 while submitting the application form.
- After application forms are submitted online, a confirmation e-mail would be sent to the registered e-mail id of the candidate. E-mail would consist of user name and password and other instructions to further proceed with the completion of registration process.
- The candidates would download 2 sets of completely filled up Application Form and retain one set for his/her reference and one set needs to be sent to The Registrar (Evaluation), Pareeksha Bhavan, Jnanabharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bangalore – 560 056.
Bangalore University Ph.D. Admission 2017 Selection Process
Candidates who appear for the entrance examination would be selected based on the marks secured by them in the examination. Once the results are declared there would be an announcement for provisional list of the qualified candidates eligible for the further on processes. Those candidates who have their UGC/UGC-CSIRJRF Test/NET/ S:ET/ SET/ Gate scores would be evaluated based on the scores of the qualifying exam.
Bangalore University Ph.D. Admission 2017 Reservation
Following are the category wise break up of the reservations:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||3|
|Category II A||15|
|Category II B||4|
|Category III A||4|
|Category III B||5|