Table of Content
There are many colleges which offer ME and M.Arch admissions. Here in this article you would get details about Bangalore University ME and M.Arch. Admissions 2017 such as its important dates, eligibility criteria and application process.
You may be familiar about Bangalore University which is a state university which is situated in Bangalore and certified by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade. The University has a total of 6 faculties named Science, Arts, Commerce & Management, Law, Education and Engineering.
Currently the Bangalore University offers 50 PG course and Employment Oriented Diploma and Certificate courses. The following are the list of the constituent colleges of Bangalore University:
- University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering (UVCE).
- Department of Physical Education.
- University Law School.
Bangalore University ME and M.Arch. Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Last Date to Enter Application details online||23rd Jun, 2017|
|Commencement of Entry of Application Online||06th Jul, 2017|
|Last date to pay the fees in the banks specified||25th Jul, 2017|
|Date of PGCET Examination||08th Aug, 2017|
Bangalore University ME and M.Arch. Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
ME programs in the following disciplines are offered by Bangalore University:
|ME Information Technology||25|
|ME Electronics and Communication Engg||25|
|ME Earthquake Engineering||18|
|ME Thermal Science Engineering||18|
|ME Advanced Material Technology||18|
|ME Computer Networking||18|
|ME Web Technology||18|
|ME Software Engineering||18|
|ME in Power Electronics||18|
|ME in Control & Instrumentations||18|
|ME Machine Design||18|
|ME Manufacturing Science Engineering||18|
|ME in Power & Energy Systems||14|
|ME Structural Engineering||14|
|ME Geo-Technical Engineering||12|
|ME Construction Technology||10|
|ME Highway Engineering||10|
|ME Pre-stressed Concrete||10|
|ME Water Resource Engineering||10|
|ME Environmental Engineering||10|
|ME Computer Science|
- You would need to have a B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch degree with a minimum 50% marks from any University in India or abroad which is recognized by AIU/UGC. You also need to have a valid GATE score. On having a valid GATE Score card you would not have to appear in the “PGCET” exam.
- Those of you who are currently in the final year of B.E/B.Tech would be eligible to applt for M.E Course provided that they have secure a minimum of 50% or above total in all the years of the UG exam conducted till date.
- Those of you who belong to ST/SC category need to have secure at least 45% total in all the years of UG exam organized by a AIU/UGC approved university.
Bangalore University ME and M.Arch. Admissions 2017 Application Process
Application fees for B.Tech Programme are as follows:
- You would have to visit the official website of the university which is http://ke.kar.nic.in.
- You would then have to select “PGCET” and enter in all the required information.
- Then you would have to upload the scanned copy of recent passport size colour photo and signature in JPG format.
- Then you would have to download and print the bank challan form and pay the fees accordingly from any of the branches of the specified banks.
- Make sure you download, print and attest the application form from the principal of the college which you have last attended. Ensure you do not forget to affix a recent passport size photo, signature and left thumb impression in the space provided.
Bangalore University ME and M.Arch. Admissions 2017 Reservation
There are 2 types of PGCET for admission to ME and M.Arch courses.
Reservation for Physically Disabled Special Category: Those of you who have 40% or more physical disability would be eligible for reservation under this category. All you would have to do is provide a medical certificate which is issued by a government hospital of Karnataka. You also need to be present on the date allotted to you by the medical board in order for your verification of the medical certificate. 3% seats would be reserved under Physically Disabled Special Category according to the government norms.
Reservation for Reserved category Students: This type of reservation would be applicable for Karnataka candidates only. You would have to show a caste certificate as well as income certificate which is issued by concerned Jurisdictional Tahasildar.