Applicants are called in for admissions in Bangalore University MBA and MCA. Here in this article you would get details about Bangalore University MBA and MCA Admissions 2017 such as its exam dates, eligibility criteria and various other important notifications.
Bangalore University conducts admission in MCA & MBA program in both evening and day mode on supernumerary seats. You would be able to get the application form from Canara Bank School of management Studies for MBA & for MCA from respective departments. Besides National level exam the university also takes admission through PGCET entrance exams.
You can check the division of available seats below:
|Total no. of seats in MBA||5,544|
|Total no. of seats in MCA||3,379|
|Total no. of seats in MCA lateral entry||508|
Bangalore University MBA and MCA Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Date of Issue of Applications||28th Sep – 03rd Oct , 2016|
|Last Date of Submission of Filled-in-Application Form||05th Oct, 2016|
|Publication of Omnibus Merit List||07th Oct, 2016|
|Counseling and Admission||08th Oct, 2016|
Bangalore University MBA and MCA Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- You need to have cleared Bachelor Degree with not less than 50% marks with Mathematics/ Computer Science / Statistics/ Computer Programming/ Business Mathematics / Computer Applications / Business Statistics as one of the Optional or Elective subjects at Degree level. Provided further that, in respect of a candidate who has studied and cleared one of the subjects specified in the First provision in the Pre – University course with at least 50% marks in that subject would also be considered for admission.
- For lateral entry into MCA, you need to have cleared a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of at least 3 years duration examination in BCA, B. Sc (I.T. / Computer Science) with Mathematics in 10 + 2 level or at Graduate Level and attained an total minimum of 50% marks taken all together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination would be eligible for admission to MCA courses (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
There would be no Part Time courses offered for MCA.
MBA (regular mode):
You need to have cleared Bachelor Degree examination with a minimum of 50% marks in total in all the three years of Degree examination.
MBA (Evening mode):
- You need to possess a graduation degree with 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern under any discipline and need to have secured a minimum of 50% marks in total including languages from a recognized university.
- Honours Degree through 0+2+4 pattern from a University recognized under UGC Act and having a minimum of 50% marks in total including languages.
- Those of you who have cleared Bachelor / Master Degree through Correspondence / Open University system from the Bangalore University or from any other University which is recognized by law would be exempted from 10+2 pattern. The duration of the Degrees need to be 3 years / 2 years respectively.
- Those of you who have cleared Masters / Bachelors degree in any University system in single sitting pattern would not be eligible.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as full time supervisory in any organization with a turnover of minimum 3 million and employing not less than 50 employees. However in the case of a teacher working in the university or tied up colleges, 2 years of full time teaching experience is necessary.
- In case of non-teaching ? (full time regular) employees of the university, at least 5 years experience is mandatory.
Bangalore University MBA and MCA Admissions 2017 Application Process
- You need to visit the official website of the university and select “PGCET 2017” and enter in all the details. After completing with filling up all the details candidates would receive an application ID and password to their registered email id.
- You would then have to upload the scanned copy of your recent passport size photo and signature in JPEG format.
- Then you would have to download and print the Challan copy which is the triplicate. Those of you who are of Karnataka origin need to pay Rs 500/- for General / OBC & Rs 250/- for ST/SC. You would then have to pay the necessary fee in any of the braches of specified Banks. The Bank would retain its copy of the Challan and handover the 2 remaining copies if the challan to the candidates.
Mode of Payment
You would have to pay an application fee of Rs 500/- for General/OBC category whereas Rs250/- for CAT-1/ST/SC by Demand Draft of Finance officer, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
Bangalore University MBA and MCA Admissions 2017 Reservation
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||3|
|Category II A||15|
|Category III B||5|
|Category III A||4|
|Category II B||4|