Table of Content
Bachelor of Optometry or B. Optom is a first-year student Optometry programme. Optometry is a study of humanoid eyes and problems related to its nature and vision difficulties. The program goals at imparting skills and understanding in the improvement of refractive circumstances of the eye and prescription of eyeglasses, in designing and fitting contact lenses, aniseikonic lenses and low vision aids, in the diagnosis and orthoptic treatment of oculomotor malfunctions, in public healthiness optometry–education on ocular hygiene and related nourishing and environmental counseling and in the visual reintegration and follow-up of low vision patients. The period of the course is four years and it is career orienting in nature that opens numerous selections after it successful completion.
Bachelor of Optometry Course Summary
|Course Name||Bachelor of Optometry|
|Known as||B. Optom|
|Eligibility||10+2 or Equivalent|
Bachelor of Optometry Course Eligibility Criteria
- Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 course) or its corresponding with least possible 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology OR Mathematics and English.
- The participant should be over 17 yr. of age as on 31st Dec. of the year of the admission.
Bachelor of Optometry Course Syllabus
Syllabus of Optometry as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Basic Ocular Pharmacology, Pathology & Microbiology|
|2||Physical Optics and Practical of Lighting Geometrical Optics &Dispensing Optics l|
|3||Eye Anatomy & Physiology|
|2||Hospital Procedures & Psychology|
|6||Optics & Refraction|
|7||Dispensing Optics II|
|8||Optometric Optics LVA|
|1||Contact Lenses II|
|3||Nutrition & Eye|
|4||Basic accountancy, Public Relation and Law|
|5||Public Health & Community|
|6||Systemic Disease and Eye|
|7||Major Eye Disease|
|8||Contact Lens I|
|9||Binocular Vision Ocular Motility|
|10||Applied and Clinical Optometry|
Bachelor of Optometry Course Suitability
- An optometrist contains the recognition of ocular and visual signs of eye diseases, the understanding of the widespread range of difficulties afflicting the eye and also the reference of patients to suitable specialists.
- Students graduating from this branch of knowledge have life opportunities in rivet the eyes on care centers and optometry based concept units. They may also propose to ponder higher studies foremost to a Masters qualification by all of the potential for high profile career opportunities in consulting.
Bachelor of Optometry Job Types
- Technical Officer – Ophthalmology
- Medical Coder
- Clinical Trail Research Intelligence
- Medical Officer
Bachelor of Optometry Top Colleges in India
|Sr. No.||Colleges in India|
|1||Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences – MGMIHS|
|2||Kohinoor College of Paramedical Science|
|3||A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre|
|4||Al Shifa College of Paramedical Sciences|
|5||Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences /Andhra Pradesh University of Health Sciences|
|6||ICARE Eye Hospital and Post Graduate Institute|
|7||ITM Institute of Health Sciences (ITM-IHS) – Navi Mumbai Campus|
|8||Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute – RGPI|
|9||Teerthanker Mahaveer College of Paramedical Sciences|
|10||Sri Ramachandra University / Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute|