Table of Content
Bachelor of Library Science is an interdisciplinary what one is in to which comprises the study of the principles and practices of Library Administration. Library Science is further referred as Library and Information science. Bachelor of Library Science is an Academic Degree awarded for a branch of understanding or program in Library Science. Indian Library Association is a foremost association committed to the cause of Library Movement and Development. It is further responsible for accreditation of institutions imparting Library and Information Science progress and assignment and promotion of Library Science Education and the improvement in the preparation of Libraries in India. Library Science Courses are generally focused on providing understanding of the principles and practices of classical Library Science along with the current know-hows applied to these developments.
Bachelor of Library Science Duration
- The period of Bachelor of Library Science is 1 year comprising number of semesters which are generally 2 in number.
- Semesters may fluctuate from Institute to Institute
Bachelor of Library Science Eligibility Criteria
To seek a Bachelor of Library Science Degree, a student needs to have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline form a documented Institute. Percentage obligation fluctuates from Institution to Institution. Age Limit also contrasts from Institution to Institution. Some Distance Learning Institutions put no Age Limit in pursuing the Bachelor’s Library Science Degree.
Bachelor of Library Science Subjects / Topics
- Digital Libraries.
- Library & Society.
- Cataloguing and Classification.
- Modern Library Services.
- Library Management.
- Emerging Issues in Library System.
- History of Library and Information Science.
Some Institutes require B.Lib. students to prepare a Thesis before appearing in the final B.Lib. Examination.
Note : Subjects / Topics may vary from Institute to Institute.
Advantages or Benefits of Bachelor of Library Science Degree
- Students can pursue progressive Library Science Degree Programs with Bachelor degree in Library Science, example Master’s Degree in Library Science.
- Those students who Love Books can make their Love, a line of work as well. There are very few of us who can really seek what we actually love.
Bachelor of Library Science Job Types
- Deputy Librarian.
- Junior Information Analyst.
- Senior Information Analyst.
- Junior Librarian / Semi-Professional Assistant.
- Library Assistant.
- Director / Head of Information Centre.
- Junior Librarian / Professional Assistant.
- Junior Librarian / Assistant Librarian.
- Library Attendant.
Bachelor of Library Science Top Colleges in India
|Sr. No.||Colleges in India|
|1||Jethro Institute of Distance Education – JIDE|
|2||Global Open University|
|4||L.J.N.J. Mahila Mahavidyalaya|
|5||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University : Department of Library and Information Science, Aurangabad|
|6||Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University|
|7||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|8||Nalanda Open University|