Table of Content
Bachelor of Arts Folklore opens a new horizon for those who search for meanings and values of culture, oral traditions and ways of life of groups of people that are related to the society at large, the country and the world. More significantly, folklore reflects the truth of humanity.
Folklorists are caught in at which point beliefs, narratives, setup, skills, crafts, rituals, do and don’ts, and ideologies are transmitted not on structured institutions for all that through snug, act, and interpersonal communication.
Folklorists raw material traditions of generally told kinds that uphold shape a deserted, everyone, or person in the street identity. All groups distribute in activities that let cat inaccurate of the bag their civil rights, one as:
Customs and rituals, Dancing (polkas, step-dancing, or moshing), Storytelling (tall tales, jokes, legends one as The Vanishing Hitchhiker, or folktales one as Cinderella)
Bachelor of Arts Folklore Course Summary
|COURSE NAME||BACHELOR OF ARTS FOLKLORE|
|ELIGIBILITY||10+2 or equivalent|
Bachelor of Arts Folklore Eligibility Criteria
- The Candidate who has passed her Higher Secondary Certificate Exam (10+2) from any recognized School / College / Board and Citizen of any country can seek admission.
- The Candidate passed H.S.C. with Science can seek admission for any degree (B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com.)
- The Candidate passed the MCVC/ like recognized courses can seek admission to any degree course but subject to their optional at H.S.C. level.
- The Candidate passed H.S.C. with commerce can seek admission for commerce / Arts Degree.
- The Candidate passed her H.S.C. with Arts can seek admission for Arts Degree only.
Bachelor of Arts Folklore Course Syllabus
Introduction to folklore
Folk literature of Assam
Cultural Situation in Assam
Folk Literature of Assam: Narrative Genre
Social Folk Customs
Research Methodology and Field Report
Bachelor of Arts Folklore Paper Pattern
|RANKS||NAME OF THE INSTITUTE|
|1||Lady Shriram College for Women (LSR)|
|3||St. Stephen’s College|
|4||St. Xavier’s College|
|7||Madras Christian College (MCC)|
|10||Stella Maris College|