B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Studies is a three year integrated course designed by Mumbai University (MU), looking at the industry demand and scope in Marine Industry. The course is structured to provide training to the candidates of the Shipping Industry with the right attitude necessary for Mari-time Hospitality Studies. B.Sc. Mari-time Hospitality Studies can be completed from any of the recognized institute of MU or any other University; the whole degree is divided in six semesters for three years means two semesters per year. An applicant would be awarded the degree if he passes as per the standard of promotion of concerned University. The purpose of the course is to develop of right attitude in Hospitality Studies and developing necessary skills which make a perfect and right industry demanded Maritime Hospitality candidate.
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Course Summary
|Name of the course||B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality|
|Commonly known as||Bachelors of Science in Maritime Hospitality|
|Conducting University||Mumbai University|
|Type||Full Time Integrated|
|Minimum Qualification||HSC passed|
|MU ordinance no.*||O.5760|
* Ordinance is a special amendment made by University for particular course where all the details regarding eligibility, course tenure and minimum qualification of that particular course is given
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Course Eligibility Criteria
All the criterions mentioned are in very lucid language and easy-to-understand manner; they are all as per MU and are applicable to all the colleges affiliated to MU.
- An applicant should have passed 12th Standard from Maharashtra State Board or its equivalent board.
- For applicant from other Board must produce Eligibility certificate as per Mumbai University.
- He/she should have passed HSC with minimum 50% score in English and total aggregate 50% marks.
Note: 50% marks for Open and 45% for SC/ST (Reserved Category Students)
- Age limit should be between 17 to 25 years
- Eye Sight
|Distance Vision||0.33- 6/18 in each eye|
|Better eye||0.5 -6/12|
|Another eye||0.25 -6/24|
Note: Above Eye test as per by Ishihara test chart
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Admission
Admission will be purely on merit basis and student can get a chance if he/she fits in management or any quota followed by that particular college.
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Course Syllabus
Standard Syllabus pattern followed by many colleges and Universities in India for B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Syllabus
SEMESTER – I
- French: Hotel French -I
- English: Communicative English –I
- Basic Food Production
- Basic Food Production( Practical)
- Basic Food & Beverage service
- Food Safety & Nutrition
- Value Education
- Physical Education
SEMESTER – II
- French: Hotel French –II
- English: Communicative English –II
- Culinary Arts
- Culinary Arts ( Practical)
- Accommodation & Facility Operations
- Food & Beverage Service (Practical)
- Environmental Studies
SEMESTER – III
- Quantity and Continental culinary Arts
- Quantity and Continental culinary Arts (practical )
- Beverage Service
- Cost & Financial Management
- Non – Major Elective
- Basic Tamil/ Advance Tamil
- Basic Hospitality Studies
- Bakery & confectionary ( practical)
- Computer Application ( Practical)
SEMESTER – IV
- Advanced Patisserie
- Advanced Patisserie ( practical)
- Advanced Food Production (practical )
- Advanced Accommodation & Facility Management
- Tourism Management
- Non – Major Elective Basic Tamil/ Advance Tamil/ Food Hygiene & Sanitation
- Entrepreneurship Skills
- Beverage Service ( Practical)
SEMESTER – V
- Maritime Studies
- Galley Operation Management
- Advanced Food & Beverage Service
- Principles of Management
- Human Resource Management
- Galley Operation Management (Practical)
- Advanced Food & Beverage Service
- Advanced Accommodation & Facility Management ( Practical)
SEMESTER – VI
- Industrial Training
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Course Structure
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality is Three-years Integrated Course divided into Six semesters
Each semester will need 16-week duration and by the end of every semester, one written examination will be conducted.
A candidate would be promoted (if he passes as per expected standard of passing MU)
The whole semester is as 60:40 ratio i. e.
Internal Assessment: 40 marks
External Examination: 60 marks
Internal Examination will include Viva, Practical’s, Journal and Multiple choices etc.
External Examination will be a written Examination for the time period of two hours
Only four questions for the 60marks
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Job Type
Following list given below shows what type of job can, a student can do after completing B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality
- Nautical Surveyor
- Associate Professional
- Crewing Operational Manager
- River and Coastal Assistant Engineer
- Software Programmer
- Trainee-Marine Engineering
- Manager- Projects (Mari-time structure)
Qualities required in a candidate for Job after completing B. Sc in Maritime Hospitality
- Communication Skills
- Knowledgeable of Safety/Hygiene Issues
- Thorough with knowledge of Industry
- Computer Know-How
- Interpersonal Skills
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality College
Name of the all the colleges offering three years integrated B Sc in Mart Time Hospitality.
All the below mentioned College are providing B Sc in Maritime Hospitality
- Nava Balodyan Trust’s Kohinoor College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies
- Anjuman-I-Islam’s College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies
- Atharva Educational Trust’s College of Bachelor of Hospitality Studies
- Kapol Vidyanidhi Trust’s Kapol Vidyanidhi College of Hotel management
- The Bombay Salesian Society’s Don Bosco College
- Bunt’s Sangha Academy Ramanath Payyade College of Hospitality Studies
- Rizvi Education Society’s College of Arts, Science & Commerce
- Anjuman-I-Islam’s College of BHTMS
- Western Naval Command College of B.Sc. Hospitality Studies(Naval Institute of Technology)
- Rashtriya Mill Mazdoor Sangh’s G.D. Ambedkar Pratishthan’s College of Management & Tech.
- Bombay Suburban Art & Craft Education Society’s Sheila Raheja Hotel & Catering School
- Society for the Higher Education of Women in India’s Sophia St. Manorama Devi Somani College
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute College of Bachelor of Hotel & Tourism Management
- ITM Trust’s Institute of Hotel Management
- Appejay Education Trust’s College of Hospitality Studies
- Navyug Vidyapeeth Trust’s College of Science & Commerce
- Sai Shraddha Foundation
- Konkan’s Kohinoor Technical Trust’s College of Bachelor of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies
- Distinctive Education Society’s Ramraje College of Hotel & Tourism Management
- Sahyadri Shikshan Sanstha’s College of Hospitality Studies
- Sai Shiva Educational Trust’s Arun Muchhala International College of Hotel Management
- Universal College of Hospitality Studies
- Vishnu Waman Thakur Charitable Trust’s College of Arts, Science & Commerce
- Sindhu Bharati Trust’s College of Hospitality Studies
- Sahayog College of Management Studies
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Course Suitability
- The course is suitable for those candidates who want to develop skills and knowledge on Hospitality subjects with an Attitude to work on board ships.
- Applicants who have a special favour for environmental conservation and food handling are a good suit for it.
- They should have managerial capabilities, as they must find placements on shore based hospitality industry after few years of sea life.
- They should have managerial capabilities as they must find placements on shore based hospitality industry after few years of sea life.
How is B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Studies Council Beneficial?
- The course is beneficial to develop the right attitude, good work habits, right cooking techniques, use of correct tools and equipment to prevent nutritional and material loss wastage and damage
- It is also beneficial in managerial skills to enable them to find placements on shore based hospitality industry after few years of sea life.
- you can find the job in Hospitality Industries like Hotels, Ships, Corporate Companies, Army and Chance to travel around the world.
- you can also go for further studies after that.
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Studies Employment Areas
- College & Universities
- Maritime Companies
- Civil Areas
- Ships Building Companies
- Defense Services
B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Studies Job Types
- Geo-Technical Engineer
- Associate Professor
- Nautical Surveyor
- Crewing Operations Manager
- River & Coastal Assistant Engineer
- Software Programmer