CAT 2017 Admit Card Download link will be available from 18th October, 2017 and ends by 26th November 2017. CAT MBA Test will be conducted on 26th November 2017.
Here you will get details on CAT 2017 MBA exam such as its exam dates, application form, admit card notification, pattern and latest news on CAT 2017 MBA Exam. Basically CAT 2017 widely known as Common Admission Test is one of the most elusive and toughest PAN India entrance tests as you already know. The CAT is conducted by the IIMs annually on rotation policy to enroll candidates like you in their post – graduation and Fellow programs in management courses across 19 IIMs & other prestigious B – schools such as MDI Gurgaon, IMT Ghaziabad Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), IIT Delhi, SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai in the country. The CAT exam dates are generally declared in August every year.Even though its tough we are sure you can crack it by just being one step ahead of the rest!
The CAT score is considered along with many other parameters such academics, work experience, GDs, written assessment, personal interviews, etc to select the candidate so you will have to consider all round perfomance. The weightage assigned to CAT scores differs by each institute. This current year, the registrations begin from 6th August and scheduled to take place in the month of Oct – Nov of 2017
Last year approx 2,04,267 students attempted the CAT to compete for 1550+ seats making it the most competitive exam in the country but i am sure thats common knowledge to you thats why you have selected it!. The IIMs are the premier management institutes in India established by a Parliamentary act.
CAT Admit Card Download Process
- The CAT Admit Card 2017 will be provided to the candidates on the CAT official website through Online mode.
- The Candidates passing in the CAT Examination will be able to download the Admit Card Online by entering their ID and Password.
- The admit card contains details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, etc.
- Applicants have to bring along the admit card at the examination centre.
CAT 2017 Exam Dates
|Notification Releasing Date||30th July 2017|
|Start Date of CAT Online Application||9th August 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||20th September 2017 (5:00 PM)|
|Correction window||October 2017|
|CAT Admit Card Download Date||18th October – 26th November 2017|
|CAT 2017 Exam Date||26th November 2017|
|Result Announcement Date||2nd week of January 2018|
CAT Application Form 2017
After you have read through the eligibility criteria and deciding you’re eligible whats the next step to take? No its not thinking about it! You now have to fill the CAT Registration Form 2017. You can successfully do so by following the enlisted steps!
- You will firstly have to register online at the CAT’s official website which is www.iimcat.ac.in with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA) and then fill the form with valid details.
- The form is incomplete without the registration fees which can be paid online either through net banking including credit card & debit card.
- Unfortunately, this year, one does not have the option to choose their preferred time.
- You will have to show your original certificate, mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility before the interview. If selected, the same needs to be submitted along with your photocopies for verification at the time of joining the program.
- The Application fee is Rs. 1700/- for General / NC-OBC candidates and Rs.850/- for SC/ST /PWD candidates.
- The payment of application fee can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The additional charges while paying application fees are mentioned below:
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for an amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for an amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Its good to know before hand if you can give the exam as per the rules so here we have mentioned the CAT Eligibility Criteria. Do read carefully before applying to avoid any misunderstandings.
- The candidate must have a graduate degree with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates who are in their final year of bachelor’s degree or who have completed the degree and those who are waiting for their results can also apply. (Candidate if selected needs to submit a certificate latest by 30th June 2015 from the Principal/ Registrar of College/ Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.)
Reservations – Like most other examinations this too has a certain amount of reservations so lets have a look at them! 15% seats are reserved for Schedule Caste, 7.5% for Schedule Tribes, 27% for OBCs (Other backward classes) & 3% for differently able.
Test Pattern & Duration – Out of 100 questions, 50% are assigned to Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation & 50 questions are assigned for Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning so better brush up on them!
Exam Format – CAT is a computer based test which is good news for most , conducted in multiple cities during a window of 3-4 weeks as per your convenience.
CAT 2017 Syllabus
Its always good to be prepared and what better way to do so than checking out the syllabus! So here goes:
The Quantitative Aptitude section comprises of fundamental maths, based on 10 + 2 difficulty level. Questions are asked from various subjects such as Geometry, Algebra, Commercial Mathematics (Word Problems) & Arithmetic. The questions are essentially to solve real – time problems with application of mathematics.
The Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section comprises of questions basis given data in the form of graphs charts, tables & paragraphs to test your understanding of data & ability to solve problems accurately. Logical reasoning will test your ability to rationalize & evaluate problems.
The Verbal Ability section tests your ability to comprehend and also test the usage of Standard English grammar. Verbal Logic section tests your understanding of arranging paragraphs in a logical order, determining the type of statements, completing the paragraphs in an appropriate way.
Allocation of marks:
It has been observed that every correct answer gains 4 marks & every wrong answer carries one negative mark so be wise!
Cut-offs for each section
You will have to secure a minimum score in each section to qualify for that section and for CAT 2017 as well. Sectional cut-offs mostly depends on the performance of other candidates who appear for the exam in that year. You will have to secure a minimum total cut off for the entire paper to earn GD/PI calls from IIMs.
Only those of you who manage to secure the sectional cut-offs & the overall cut-offs in the written test are called for a Group Discussion & Personal Interviews by the IIMs. You crack the GD / PI and you enter the prestigious IIM…so the message is clear..Buck up!
CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The CAT 2017 Exam pattern:-
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple choices and Subjective|
|No. of Question||100 questions|
|Marking Scheme||3 Marks per correct Answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark Deduction(MCQ only)|
How to Prepare for CAT MBA 2017?
- Firstly, students are advised to collect relevant study material as per Syllabus for starting the preparation.
- A proper timetable management is required for scheduling time for various subjects.
- Practice Mock Test and Previous year question papers, it will help to know your preparations for examination.
- Be stress-free and take care of your health.
Work hard & good Luck!!