Assam CEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria – The Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) is organized for admissions to Engineering and BDS/MBBS courses in the Engineering & Medical colleges of the state of Assam and the Regional Dental College of Guwahati. The Combined Entrance Examination for the 2016-17 session is most likely to be held in the third or fourth week of May 2017. In order to qualify for admissions, certain requirements are there that candidates need to meet with regard to their educational qualification, age, etc. The Assam CEE Eligibility Criteria 2017 may differ between the medical and engineering medical streams. Candidates who desire to go over the basic eligibility criteria of Assam CEE 2017 can check below.
Eligibility Criteria for Assam CEE 2017
- Candidate need to be a permanent resident of the state of Assam; or
- Candidate or his/her father/mother needs to have been continuously staying in the state of Assam for a minimum period of at least 20 years;
- The above resident’s situation will not, however, be applicable to the sons and daughters of All India Service Officers who have been selected to Assam. However, such candidates will have to provide a certificate regarding the service of his/her father/mother, issued by the apprehensive Department/Authority of the Government of Assam at the time of admission counseling.
- All the candidates, including sons and daughters of All India Service Officers, need to have finished Classes VII to XII from Institutes that are located in the state of Assam.
- The phase of the study in Assam may be calm for candidates who have studied outside the state from Class VII onwards because his/her father/mother was posted as a State Government employee outside the state, on transfer/deputation/regular posting. Such candidates may need to, however, produce a certificate of employment of the father/mother, mentioning the period of service outside the state.
Educational Requirements for Assam CEE 2017
- The Assam CEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria clearly underlines that only candidates who have cleared the qualifying examination would be considered eligible for admissions.
- The candidate is also required to have cleared the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English of the qualifying examination in the first attempt and without any additional grace marks.
The subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology of the qualifying examination should have cleared with at least 60 percent marks in total.
- In the case of reserved (ST/SC(P)/ST (H)/OBC/MOBC) category candidates, the total minimum in the subjects of Physics, Biology, and Chemistry of the qualifying examination is 50 percent.
Quick Links for Assam CEE 2017 Exam
Age Requirements for Assam CEE 2017 (as on the 31st Day of December of the year of admission)
- According to the Assam CEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria, the candidate needs to be a minimum of 17 years and should not be above 24 years of age.
- In the case of candidates belonging to the ST/SC (P)/ST (H)/OBC/MOBC categories, the maximum age limit is relaxed able by three years.