APPGMET 2017 entrance exam would be conducted on March, 2017 in computer based format. Availability of online application forms started from Last week of December, 2017. The exam conducting authority Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada conducts the exam once in a year to offer admission for MS and MD courses at government medical colleges and unaided non minority private medical colleges situated in the state. Number of seats is disclosed three days prior the counselling procedure.
‘The Andhra Pradesh University of Health Sciences, first of its kind, was founded in 1986 by the Government of Andhra Pradesh, with Vijayawada as Headquarters. It is a state wide University with the aim of ensuring efficient and systematic education, training and research in allopathic and Indian systems of medicine, Dentistry and Nursing.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- You need to be an Indian National/ Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/Citizen of Indian origin who have completed or would be completing Compulsory rotatory internship on or before Last week of March, 2017.
- Those of you who have obtained / studied MBBS degree under Dr. NTR UHS and in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana can apply. You need to have MBBS Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Those of you who are already studying P.G. Degree or Diploma course would not be permitted to appear for AP PG MET 2017 unless they discontinue the course by remitting the requisite bond amount and stipend drawn up to the date of submitting the application form. Such candidates shall have to submit a certificate issued by the Head of the Institution to that effect along with the AP PG MET 2017 application form.
- Those of you who have secured MBBS degree from other states in India need to have studied MBBS in any one of the Medical Colleges in India.
For the year 2017, the written exam was held for approx. 2,240 PG medical seats in various government and private colleges. Out of which, 700 were government seats, including 200 in the ‘clinical’ category, according to a media report.
The degrees awarded by the university are recognized by national statutory bodies like MCI, DCI, Central council of Indian Medicine, Central council of Homeopathy and Indian nursing council. The university strives to keep up the standards of education by strict adherence to rules governing each course as per the decisions of the respective councils. Outgoing individuals of the university are keeping up the flag high with attractive placements in India and abroad, in Government and private sectors, as well as in corporate sector.
APPGMET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
APPGMET 2017 Application Form
APPGMET 2017 applications form can be filled in online mode only from the official website. The online registrations for AP PG MET 2017 Application Form begin in approximately February of every year and last date for online registration is in last week of February.
The cost of AP PG MET application form is Rs. 3000 for unreserved or open category and Rs.2700 for reserved category individual. The fee can be paid through Debit card / Credit card or Net Banking. You need to submit the print-out of the filled-in online application along with the attested copies of required certificates to the Convener, PG Admissions Committee, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences either by post or in person on or before mentioned date to below address.
PG Admissions Committee,
Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences,
Vijayawada – 8, Andhra Pradesh.
APPGMET 2017 Exam Pattern
AP PG MET 2017 exam would be a computer based test as per the syllabus mentioned by examination authority. The booklet of AP PG MET 2017 exam will have questions from subjects taught during the MBBS course including pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical. Read important points of AP PG MET 2017 Exam Pattern given below:
AP PG MET 2017 exam pattern will have 200 Multiple Choices Questions (MCQ), with single correct response. Each question will have four (4) options and only one (1) will have correct response.
The duration of Examination is 3 hours. Each correct response one marks would be awarded and there is no negative mark for incorrect response.
The result of AP PG MET 2017 is estimated to be declared on March 7, 2017. The result of only qualified individuals would be declared. The qualifying mark is 50% for unreserved and 40 % in case of reserved category individuals.
APPGMET 2017 Exam Dates
|APPGMET Exam Schedule||Important Dates|
|Availability of online application forms||Last week of December, 2016|
|Last date of submission of print out of filled in application along with enclosures||2nd week of January, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Cards||3rd week of February, 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||Last week of February, 2017|
|Date of release of Answer Key||Last week of February, 2017|
|Last date of submitting objections on answer keys||First week of March, 2017|
|Date of display of final answer key||2nd week of March, 2017|
|Date of release of result and display of Merit list||2nd week of March, 2017|
|Last date of verification of discrepancies||In the month of March, 2017|
|Dates of Counselling||Will be notified separately|
|Commencement of Classes||First week of May, 2017|