The result for the AP PolyCET 2018 will be made available to the public on the second week of May 2018. The AP PolyCET Result 2018 will be released on the online platform only. The Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (AP PolyCET) 2018 is a state level exam orchestrated by the State Board of Technical Education & Training (SBTET) Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad. Candidates wishing to secure admission into the technical courses offered by the various governments aided and private polytechnic institutions will have to crack this test in order to qualify. Read the article below in order to know more about the AP PolyCET Result 2018:
How to check the AP PolyCET Results 2018
The AP PolyCET Result 2018 will be uploaded on the official website of the AP PolyCET 2018 which is www.appolycet.nic.in. Candidates will have to visit the website to view their result. The AP PolyCET Result 2018 will not be available offline. Candidates will therefore need to have access to the internet in order to view or download their AP PolyCET result 2018. In order to qualify the AP PolyCET 2018 a candidate will have to score a minimum of 30%. The candidate will have to score at least 36 marks from a total of 120. This is the cut-off marks for candidates of all categories except SC or ST. The cut-off is the minimum marks required to be obtained by a candidate in order to qualify the exam. Given below is the cut-off list for the AP PolyCET result 2018.
SC/ST 30% or less
All other categories 30% or more
The candidates will not be able to apply for reassessment of their scores. The marks that they receive in the AP PolyCET 2018 are final and cannot be changed under any circumstances. In order to view and download the AP PolyCET result 2018 candidates will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log on to the official website of the AP PolyCET result 2018 which is appolycet.nic.in.
- Navigate to the link marked AP PolyCET Result 2018.
- Click on the link
- The result page will appear on the screen.
- Type your AP PolyCET 2018 admit card/hall ticket number in the provided space.
- Click on the submit button.
- View and download the AP PolyCET result 2018
- Take several printouts of the AP PolyCET result 2018 for future use.
Candidates can also collect their result and rank card from the nearest helpline centers which has been set up for students who do not have access to the internet.
Important information Mentioned in AP PolyCET Result 2018
The AP PolyCET result 2018 or rank card will contain the following information:
- The candidate’s name in full.
- The AP PolyCET 2018 Admit card/Hall Ticket No.
- The total score received by the candidate.
- Total marks obtained in Mathematics
- Total marks obtained in Physics
- Total marks obtained in Chemistry
- The rank received by the candidate.
- The status of the candidate (i.e. pass or fail)
Date of Result AP PolyCET 2018
The AP PolyCET 2018 will take place on the 27th of April 2018. The AP PolyCET result 2018 will be declared on the 2nd week of May 2018. The Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) sheet will be released after the results for the AP PolyCET result 2018 are declared. Once the results are released the qualifying candidates will be called for the AP PolyCET Counseling 2018. Candidates will be called for counseling according to the rank scored by them in the AP PolyCET 2018. Given below are the important dates for the AP PolyCET 2018.
Important dates for the AP PolyCET 2018
|Availability of admit cards/hall ticket||3rd Week of April 2018|
|Date of the AP PolyCET 2018||27th of April 2018|
|Date of the release of results||Second Week of May 2018|
|Counseling Session starts||Last week of May 2018|
AP PolyCET Result 2018 Tie Breaker
Sometimes two or more candidates will score equal marks in the AP PolyCET 2018 and this is when the need for tie breaker arises. In such cases the following points will be taken into account:
- The candidate who scores higher marks in Mathematics or Physics in the AP PolyCET 2018 will be given preference.
- If the issue is not resolved by this method then the age of the candidate will be the deciding factor. The candidate who is older will be given preference in this case.
- If both the candidates are of the same age and receive the same marks in Physics and mathematics, then the marks obtained in the last qualifying exam will be taken into account in order to break the tie.
AP PolyCET Counselling 2018
The counseling process for AP PolyCET 2018 is scheduled to begin on the last week of May 2018. The candidates will be called for counseling on the basis of the rank scored by them in the AP PolyCET 2018. There is a limited number of seats available in each course therefore the candidates with a higher rank in the AP PolyCET 2018 will be given preference during the placement process. The counseling process will go on till all the seats are allotted. The counseling for the AP PolyCET result 2018 will take place offline. During the counseling process the students have to go through the verification process where they will have to bring all the required documents to be verified by the admission authority. Each candidate will be allotted a specific date and time on which he/she will have to show up at the venue along with the required papers. Give below is the list of documents required for verification:
- AP PolyCET 2018 Admit card or hall ticket
- The AP PolyCET 2018 rank card.
- Class X mark sheet.
- Bonafide or study certificate from standard III to standard X
- SC/ST/Minority Certificate (if applicable).
- Certificate of Income (If applicable)
- PM/NCC/CAP/Sports or Games Certificates (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate.