AP PGECET 2018 – Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada on the behalf of the AP State Council of Higher Education.
It is a state level entrance test from which candidates get admission in postgraduate engineering, pharmacy, and planning courses. Every year AP PGECET will be held in the month of May 2018. It is conducted once in a year.
AP PGECET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Nationality: Candidates should be a citizen of India.
- Domicile Requirement: Candidates should belong to AP State or must be AP Domiciled in order to apply for the AP PGECET. Candidates also must satisfy the Local and Non-Local requirements.
- Qualifying Examinations: The qualifying examination should be B.E/B.Tech to apply for PG engineering courses. For PG Pharmacy courses the prescribed qualification in B.Pharma should be studied at recognized Institution.
- Minimum marks: In the case of Pharmacy course the minimum marks required in the qualifying examination should be 55%. The Minimum marks required to apply for the engineering course is 45%.
- AP PGECET 2018 Application Form can only be filled through online mode.
- Candidates are suggested to submit their Application Form before the last date. In the case of submitting the Application Form after the due date, candidates have to pay extra charges.
- Fee Payment will be the first step in the Application Form.
- After completely filling the form candidates are advised to take the printout for further use.
- Number of Papers: AP PGECET is conducted for a total of 14 papers.
- Model of the examination: Candidates have to mark their responses in OMR sheet. The examination will be conducted in pen and paper mode i.e. offline mode.
- The number of questions: The examination will contain a total of 120 questions.
- Type of questions: There will only be objective type questions having four alternatives which will be appeared in the test.
- Language: The medium of question paper will be in English only.
- Exam Duration: The Duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, one mark will be credited.
- Negative Marking: No Negative marking will be in the examination.
- Plan a proper routine
- Understand the complete syllabus and exam pattern of the examination.
- Don’t miss the important Topics
- Practice previous years question papers
- Try to Attempt all the questions in the exam.
The exam conducting authority sets some eligibility that candidates have to fulfil to appear the examination. The eligibility criteria for appearing the AP PGECET 2018 is as follows.
AP PGECET 2018 Important dates
AP PGECET 2018 Important Dates are tentative. Once we get the real dates we will update it.
|Release of notification||1st week of March 2018|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form without late fee||2nd week of April 2018|
|The last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 500/-||2nd week of April 2018|
|The last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||2nd week of April 2018|
|The last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||2nd week of April 2018|
|The last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 10000/-||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of downloading the admit card||4th Week of April 2018|
|Date of examination||10th and 12th May 2018|
|Announcement of Results||2nd week of June 2018|
AP PGECET 2018 Application Form
AP PGECET 2018 Application Form Correction
It is not sure that the Authority will provide the correction period on the AP PGECET 2018 Application Form. Therefore Candidates are suggested to fill the form carefully. However, if correction windows will open then the candidates need to file the request for changes in the application form.
AP PGECET Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates should know details regarding the exam they are going to appear for. It includes information about the total number of questions appeared in the examination, marking scheme, exam duration.
AP PGECET 2018 Syllabus
AP PGECET Syllabus 2018 for all of its 14 papers is different. Candidates can follow the Syllabus for which they are appearing the examination. Syllabus for each paper typically includes the important topics of the qualifying examination.
How to prepare for the AP PGECET 2018
Candidates may follow these preparation tips to score better marks in this examination
AP PGECET 2018 Admit Card
The candidates who are eligible can download their AP PGECET 2018 Hall Ticket which will be released in the third week of May 2018. Candidates have to enter the registration number and select the test they have to choose in the Application Form. The Duly completed downloaded Admit Card will have to be produced at the allotted test centre.
AP PGECET 2018 Result
Candidates can know their rank and score from the official website on the declaration of result. The result can be checked by entering roll number. The expected date of the declaration of result will be 2nd week of June 2018. After few days of the result, candidates will be able to check their results.
AP PGECET 2018 Counselling
Those candidates who will attain 25% marks will be eligible for participation in AP PGECET Counselling 2018. All the qualified candidates have to appear the document verification round in person. Before the verification of Documents/certificates, candidates can exercise options either from helpline centre or through any other place.