Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test popularly known as AP LAWCET 2017 is a state level exam. It is an undergraduate exam conducted for the students to take admission in various law colleges in state of Andhra Pradesh. The AP PGLCET is conducted by the Sri Krishnadevaraya University in place of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) the AP PGLCET is conducted by the Sri Krishnadevaraya University. Applicants interested can fill the application form from March, 2017. For L.L.B programmes around 8030 seats are dispersed among 49 different colleges of the state and in around 38 colleges of the state 3800 seats for the five-year integrated law programmes. Applicants will be selected on the basis of the marks scored in the examination and admission will be based strictly on the rules and regulation laid by the university. The AP LAWCET exam will be conducted in the month of 19th April, 2017.
Latest News on AP LAWCET 2017
16 February, 2017 – Sri Krishnadevaraya University Anantapur on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) has released the AP LAWCET/PGLCET notification 2017. According to the given AP LAWCET 2017 official notification the exam will conduct on 19th April, 2017.
|AP LAWCET 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||AP LAWCET|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Sri Krishnadevaraya University|
|Exam Stream||Law Entrance Exam|
AP LAWCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who fail to satisfy the below conditions are not eligible for the examination:
For 3 year L.L.B:
- Applicants should be passed in their Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent degree from a recognized university to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must score a minimum of 45% of aggregate marks in their Higher Secondary Examination to be eligible for the entrance exam.
- Applicants those who are appearing for the examination can also apply for the examination.
- The maximum age limit for a candidate seeking admission into the 3 year LL.B Course shall be Thirty Years (relaxable by five years in case of SCs/STs) as on 31st December of the year of seeking admission.
For 5 year L.L.B:
- Applicants passed in Higher Secondary or its equivalent exam can only apply if they are passed from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have scored aggregate of 45% marks in their Higher Secondary Exams to be eligible for the examination (40% in case of SC/ ST applicants)
- The maximum age limit for a candidate seeking admission into the 5 year LL.B Course shall be twenty years (relaxable by two years in case of SCs/STs) respectively as on 31st December of the year of seeking admission.
AP LAWCET 2017 Application form
Following are the steps to apply for the examination if the applicant satisfies the eligibility criteria:
Step 1: Applicants have to visit www.aplawcet.org to apply for AP LAWCET examination.
Step 2: Applicant must then click on “Apply Online” and register it
Step 3: Applicants have to pay their registration fees online through Debit/ Credit card and save the transaction ID.
Step 4: After making payment applicants need to fill in their personal details such as Name, Address, Category, Qualification and other information as required in the application form.
Step 5: Applicants need to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature as mentioned in the form and submit it.
AP LAWCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The test will consist of 120 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each will be in offline mode.
- The paper will be set in English and Telugu Only
- Timing for the examination will be of 1 hour 30 minutes
- The distribution of the paper is in 3 parts which is given below:
|C||Aptitude for the Study of Law.||60||60|
AP LAWCET 2017 Exam Dates
|AP LAWCET 2017 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|AP LAWCET 2017 Online Application Forms begins||Last week of February 2017|
|Last day of submission of Application Form (without any late fee)||Last week of April 2017|
|Last day of submission of Application Form (with late fee of Rs. 500)||First week of May 2017|
|Last day of submission of Application Form (with late fee of Rs. 1000)||2nd week of May 2017|
|Last day of submission of Application Form (with late fee of Rs. 1500)||3rd week of May 2017|
|With late fees of Rs 5000/- candidates have to write entrance test in Anantapuramu only||Last week of May 2017|
|APPGLCET 2017 Test Date||19th April 2017 (Announced)|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.