There are numerous colleges and universities which offer MBBS and BDS admissions. Here in this article you would get complete details about Annamalai University MBBS and BDS Admissions 2018 such as its application process, important dates, eligibility criteria and many other important notifications.
Annamalai University is one of the biggest public residential universities founded in the year 1929 and is recognized with ‘A’ grade by NAAC in the year 2014 having a total of 49 departments of studies and 10 faculties.
A total of 19 departments of the Annamalai University are supported by UGC-SAP, around 16 departments by DST-FIST and 2 have attained status of Centre of Advanced study.
The following UG medical/ dental programs are offered by the university to its students each year:
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S)
Annamalai University MBBS and BDS Admissions 2018 Important Dates
|Registration Begins||08th Jun, 2018|
|Registration Ends||20th Jun, 2018|
Annamalai University MBBS and BDS Admissions 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility of the candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu
- Those of you who have cleared 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th in Tamil Nadu would be eligible to apply without nativity certificate.
- Those of you who are from Tamil Nadu but have cleared 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th from schools located outside Tamil Nadu would also be eligible to apply with nativity certificate.
- Those of you who are children of Central Government Employees would also be eligible to apply.
- Those of you who are Children of all India service Tamil Nadu Cadre would also be eligible to apply.
- Those of you who are children of employee in government or public sector for the last 5 years would also be eligible to apply providing proof of income tax return and PF Slips.
- Those of you who have cleared 8th, 9th, 10, 11th and 12th from other state of Tamil Nadu would be eligible to apply without providing nativity certificate.
- You need to have completed 17 years of age.
You need to have completed class 12th from Tamil Nadu state board in all subjects in single sitting with the minimum marks as prescribed in the following subjects
- You need to have studied Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
- You need to have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology with any other subjects.
Minimum marks in BDS/MBBS:
|OC/BC/BCM/MBC and DNC||Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology or Mathematics||Not less than 50%|
|SC/SCA/ST||Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology or Mathematics||40% marks|
Minimum marks required for applicants who belong to Orthopaedically Physically Disabled Category – (Locomotory disability of Lower Limbs alone) are as follows:
|OC/BC/BCM/MBC and DNC||Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology OR Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology||45% marks|
|SC/SCA/ST||Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology OR Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology||40% marks|
How to Apply for Annamalai University MBBS and BDS Admissions 2018
You would have to register yourself for the MBBS and BDS course through the online application process.
- You would have to visit the official website of the university and fill up the application form in order to register for the MBBS/BDS programs.
- On filling the application form with the necessary details, you would be allotted an online application number for future correspondence.
- You would have to submit a registration fee of Rs 800/- by Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of The Registrar, Annamalai University and payable at Chennai.
- Applications which are completed along with the necessary documents and registration fee need to be download and submitted either through Registered/Speed post or in person to the following address:
Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu – 608002
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark Sheet
- HSC Hall Ticket/ Equivalent Hall Ticket
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration
- Nativity Certificate – if applicable
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM.