Table of Content
The official notification for Anna University B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions 2017 is not yet officially released; we would update the same as soon as an official announcement is released.
Many of us may be aware of Anna University, Chennai which is a leading technical university in the state of Tamil Nadu. This university has a total of 64 post graduate, 31 undergraduate and 3 research courses in a range of disciplines. Later on in the year 2007 Anna University was split into 6 constituent universities.
In order to be eligible for both the courses one needs to have cleared class 12th examination or equivalent from a recognized board. Admissions into these courses would be done on the basis of the entrance test. You can view the entire article which will help you get a brief idea about the admissions.
|Duration of B.E./B. Tech||4 years / 8 semesters|
|Duration of B. Arch||5 years / 10 semesters|
Anna University B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions Important Dates
Below we have listed the Anna University B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions Important Dates 2017
|Issue of notification||First week of May 2017|
|Issue of application forms||First week of May 2017|
|Last date for issue of application forms other than the centre for entrance exam||Last week of May 2017|
|Last date for issue of application forms at the centre for entrance exam||Last week of May 2017|
Anna University B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have cleared Std VIII, IX, X, XI and XII in Tamil Nadu would be eligible to apply.
- Those candidates who are children of Central Government Employees can also apply for admission, irrespective of their native, provided their parents or guardians have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years at the time of submission of application, which needs to be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect.
- Candidates who are children of Employees in Public Sector or Government recognized Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission are employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the last 5 years can also apply irrespective of their domicile.
A certificate from the employer needs to be enclosed along with the application mentioning that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with proof like Income Tax return, PF Slips, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the last 5 years.
- Those candidates who are sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers and are not residents of Tamil Nadu are also eligible.
- Candidates who are residents of Tamil Nadu and have cleared any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII std or its equivalent exams from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply.
Qualifying Examinations & Eligibility
- Cleared class 12th or its equivalent with at least 50% for General, 45% for BC, 40% for MBC & DNC and 40% for SC/SCA/ST category in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates need to have cleared the minimum cut-off in TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) exam.
- A candidate needs to have cleared NATA(National Aptitude Test in Architecture organized by the Council of Architecture, India.
How to Apply for Anna University B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions?
First candidates need to obtain the Application Form physically from 60 centers (mentioned on Anna University’s official website) by paying Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for ST/SC/SCA candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu, on production of a photocopy of the Permanent Community Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) towards application fee, by demand draft/cash.
Candidates can also get the application form by post from “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025” by sending a request letter along with a Demand Draft for Rs.700/- (Rs.450/- for ST/SC/SCA candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu with a photocopy of the Permanent Community Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and an address label written in capital letters to which the application form needs to be mailed.
Candidates can also visit the official website and register. The demand draft needs to be drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions” which is payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalised Bank. Candidates also need to mention their name and address on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
Application forms which are completed along with the required documents need to be mailed in an A4 size envelope to the following address: “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025”.
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet.
- Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (If applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- 12th examination Hall Ticket (In case of pursuing)
- Demand Draft
- Refugee Certificate (If applicable)