Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 will be conducted by Amrita University for admission to its MBBS and BDS program. Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences is an integral division of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham which directs admission to MBBS and BDS program through counseling. Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 will be done on the basis of NEET 2018. Earlier, admission to MBBS and BDS program offered by Amrita School of Medicine, Amrita Health Science Campus, Kochi was done on the basis of a medical entrance exam conducted by Amrita university but from the year 2016 onward, Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 done on the basis of NEET which is conducted by CBSE.
Selections in MBBS and BDS programs are based on the rank obtained in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). NEET is an all India medical entrance exam conducted by CBSE for medical program admission and NEET also intended to challenge the skill and competence of aspirants for medical admission.
Total Number of Seats
- MBBS Program: 100
- BDS Program: 60
|Amrita MBBS 2018 Exam Summary|
|Commonly known as||Amrita MBBS Admission|
|The basis of admission||NEET 2018|
|Conducting Authority||Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Kochi|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
Amrita MBBS 2018 Admission Important Dates
The candidates seeking admission to MBBS and BDS program offered by Amrita university must see important dates given in the table below which is regard Amrita MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam:
|Amrita MBBS Counseling online application form availability||2nd week of August 2018|
|Amrita MBBS Counseling application submission last date||3rd week of August 2018|
|Amrita MBBS declaration of merit list||Last week of August 2018|
|Amrita MBBS counseling starts||1st week of September 2018|
|Amrita MBBS counseling ends||1st week of September 2018|
Amrita MBBS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- The candidates must have passed their Plus 2/(10+2) or equivalent exam in the first attempt from a recognized university or board with minimum 60 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together and 60 percent marks in English. The candidates belonging to SC/ST category are required to score minimum 50 percent marks in the 12th class exam.
- The candidates appearing in 10+2 or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply for Amrita MBBS Admission 2018.
- The candidates must have scored minimum qualifying score in NEET 2018 to apply for Amrita MBBS Admission 2018.
- The candidates must be an NRI or Indian national but supported by the persona having the status of an NRI.
- The candidates must be qualified in NEET 2018 to be eligible for Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 under NRI category.
- Step 1: Provide Personal details, contact details and details about parent/ guardian
- Step 2: Enter Reference details
- Step 3: Upload required documents and images such photograph, scanned copy of NEET score sheet
- Step 4: Payment of application fee (Each candidate have to pay RS 600 for Amrita counseling application fee)
- The total number of Question asked in the examination will be 180.
- Multiple type/Objective questions will be asked along with 4 options given.
- Subjects for examination are Chemistry, Physics & Biology.
- NEET 2018 UG Examination will be only through online mode.
- The duration of examination will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will be in 8 languages like English, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- The Marking scheme consists of 4 marks for each correct answer and there is Negative Marking for the wrong answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The candidates applied for Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 will be sent a letter regarding counseling process and such candidates will have to report to the counseling authority on the date announced on the official website as well as on this page.
- Admission in MBBS and BDS program will be strictly made on the basis of availability of seat.
The applicant must be a minimum of 17 years aged and maximum of 23 years aged as on 31 December 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for NRI candidates
Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 Application Process
The candidates appeared in NEET 2018 exam and are desired to get admission in MBBS or in BDS program offered by Amrita School of Medicine, Amrita Health Science Campus, Kochi can apply for Amrit MBBS Admission Counseling 2018. As per the notification released last year by UGC, admission to MBBS or BDS program offered by any government or private medical institution will be done only on the basis of NEET score.
Click here to get details on NEET Application 2018 and application form link
The candidates can apply for Amrit MBBS Admission Counseling 2018 only through online mode on the official website of Amrita University. The candidates will not be able to fill the application form in offline mode. To fill Amrit MBBS Admission counseling appplication form online, the candidates have to follow the steps mentioned below:
Now, the candidates have to take a print out of filled application form, it can be used during the time of admission counseling.
Amrita MBBS and BDS Programme Fee Structure
The candidates selected for admission in MBBS or BDS program at Amrita University will have to pay program fee as given below in the table:
|Particulars||Annual Fee||Other Fee for First Year||Hostel and Mess Fee|
|MBBS program Fee for Indian Candidates||Rs. 10,00,000||Rs. 65,000||Rs. 62,000|
|MBBS program Fee for NRI Candidates||USD 40,000||Rs. 1,100||USD 52,350|
|BDS program Fee for Indian Candidates||Rs. 5,00,000||Rs. 1,21,150||Rs. 67,000|
|BDS program Fee for NRI Candidates||USD 17,000||Rs 1,21,150||USD 1100|
NEET 2018 UG Exam Pattern
The NEET Exam Pattern 2018 examination is mentioned below:
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 Counselling
The candidates will be able to get admission in MBBS or in BDS program offered at Amrita University only on the basis of their NEET score 2018. The candidates who have appeared in NEET 2018 and will score required marks can apply for Amrita MBBS Admission 2018. Admission schedule for Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 is not announced by Amrita university yet. Amrita MBBS Admission 2018 schedule including counseling details will be updated when announced officially.