Table of Content
Amrita MBBS 2017 B. Tech. Admissions – The Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, is a integral division of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham which directs the All-India Amrita Medical Entrance Exam for admission to
100 MBBS seats: and 60 BDS seats
This paper-pen based OMR exam is important for MBBS and BDS aspirants who wish to gain admission to the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. All selections are based on the rank obtained in this exam. The syllabus for Amrita Medical Entrance Exam is the 10+2 study subjects from the CBSE levels and is intended at challenging the skill and competence of aspirants for medical admission.
|Amrita MBBS 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Amrita Medical Entrance Exam|
|Commonly known as||Amrita MBBS|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Kochi|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
Amrita MBBS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed four and half years with one year of Compulsory Rotating Residential Internship
- They have to pass their Plus 2/(10+2) or equal in the first attempt from a recognized university or board with minimum 60 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together and 60 percent marks in English.
- For SC/ST candidates the minimum required marks are 50 percent
- The applicant must be a minimum of 17 years and maximum of 23 years as on 31st
- For the applicants where the results of the qualifying examination (Plus 2/10+2) are awaited, they may apply for the Amrita Medical Entrance Exam subject to receiving the mark details within two weeks from the date of entrance examination. In case of selection by interview, the mark details have to be available compulsorily one week prior to the date of interview.
- As the written test is paramount, it is mandatory for all candidates to appear for Amrita Medical Entrance Exam
Amrita MBBS 2017 Application Form
To prevent last minute rushes, applicants are requested to submit Amrita Medical Entrance Exam Registration forms well in time. The Amrita MBBS Application must be filled online through Amrita Online Application Registration System (OARS).
- They must read important instruction and fill the registration form as per the given guidelines.
- The aspirants are directed to register on OARS website using a valid email-ID., they • update the needed details in the Amrita Medical Entrance Exam online application form, with • a scanned passport sized photograph and signature and also enter the Rs 1500 /= application fee payment related information for the Amrita Medical Entrance Exam
- Consequently they print the confirmation sheet in which address slip is attached, this is post successful online form submission. The •address slip has to pasted on an envelope and mailed with the confirmation sheet along with DD or Copy of the Cash Voucher received from Amrita Office through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier.
Fee Structure of Amrita MBBS 2017 Programme
Annual Tuition Fees : Rs.7,00,000/-
There are several cities within India and overseas selected as exam centres for the Amrita Medical Entrance Exam, aspirants check the list on the form and indicate the appropriate choice.
Hall Tickets for Amrita Medical Entrance Exam are issued to eligible applicants; they will be published on the exam website two weeks prior to the date of the exam.
Candidates can access hall ticket by entering Application number, Center, date of birth and take a colour printout
Amrita MBBS 2017 Exam Pattern
The syllabus for Amrita Entrance Examination is based on the 10 + 2 examination (CBSE level).
Amrita MBBS 2017 Paper Pattern is as follows:
- Duration: 150 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes)
- Total number of questions: 150
- Total Marks: 450 marks
- Each correct answer carries three marks, there will be one negative mark for each wrong answer.
|Subjects||No of Questions X Marks|
|Physics||25 Questions X 3 marks|
|Chemistry||35 Questions X 3 marks|
|Biology/Biotechnology||70 Questions X 3 marks|
|General Knowledge||10 Questions X 3 marks|
|TOTAL QUESTIONS||150 Questions X 3 marks|
Amrita Medical Entrance Exam Study Suggestions
Prepare for a timetable for study; be thorough with formulae and theorems forthe maths and physics section, and practise sums and sample Papers.
Aspirants must refer to www.amrita.edu or details on this exam.
Amrita MBBS 2017 Exam Dates
|Amrita MBBS Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Availability of Online Application Form||First week of March, 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Online application Form||2nd week of May, 2017|
|Availability of Admit card||May, 2017|
|Amrita Medical Entrance Exam||3rd week of May 15, 2017|