In this post you would get complete information about AIPGMEE 2017 medical entrance exam such as its exam dates, exam pattern, application form details, eligibility criteria and preparation tips. Lets first introduce the exam. AIPGMEE exam stands for All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination. It is the eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to All India 50% quota of MD/MS/Diploma Seats.
National Board of Examinations organizes entry and exit examinations at Postgraduate, Post-Doctoral level and licensing examinations as Screening Test for Indian Nationals with Foreign Medical Qualifications. The All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam would be conducted from December, 2016.
Duration of the courses:
MD/MS: It is a three year course from the date of admission. You will be considered eligible for admission after completion of compulsory rotating internship.
Diploma: Two years from the date of admission after completion of compulsory rotating internship.
Table of Content
AIPGMEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Following are the eligibility criteria for AIPGMEE 2017 entrance exam:
- Those of you who are in possession of MBBS degree/Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from an Institute are eligible.
- You should not be from colleges/ universities located in Jammu & Kashmir and erstwhile Andhra Pradesh.
- The institute should be recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act and possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council.
- You need to have completed one year of internship or be likely to complete on or before 31st March of that year.
- Only those who are eligible can apply for AIPGMEE exam through online application system at nbe.gov.in
- If you were nominated by the Government of India (under Central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission, subject to submission of a bond on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs.10/- to this effect. A copy of the nomination letter must be attached with the bond.
AIPGMEE 2017 Application Form
After going through the eligibility criteria if you decide that you are eligible then you will have to visit the MCC Counseling website and click on “Candidate Login NEW” Link on nbe.gov.in. You can avail of the composite examination fee and information bulletin voucher (required for online application system) via selected branches of Axis Bank on payment of Rs.3750/- for General / OBC and Rs.2750/- for SC/ST/PWD Category.
- AIPGMEE 2017 application form should be submitted online. Online registration/ application form will be available from August approximately. You will get a 13-day window to submit the form and register for the test.
- Once you submit the forms are successfully, you will then be issued the AIPGMEE admit card. Only those of you who have applied before last date will be allowed to appear in the test.
- All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam (AIPGMEE) is a computer based test. It is held in multiple sessions in December of that year mostly.
- The following states use AIPGMEE scores for PG Medical (MD/MS/ PG Diploma) admissions. Haryana, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, Goa, Punjab, Odisha, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chandigarh, University of Delhi, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, RIMS Imphal (for seven beneficiary states of Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Tripura, Manipur, Mizoram & Sikkim), Institutes under Armed Forces Medical Services and rest of the states will conduct individual PG medical entrance exams.
- Candidate Care Helpline Number: 0124-6771700/1800 11 1800 (Toll free) (From Monday to Friday).
|General category||Rs 3750|
|Reserved category||Rs 2750|
AIPGMEE 2017 Exam Pattern
Its always good to have some idea about the exam pattern before appearing for the test. The AIPGMEE 2017 Exam Pattern would be online computer based test and would consist of 300 questions. Each is a multiple choice question with four options. You would have 210 minutes to answer these questions. You can use the mouse to move through pages. There shall be no negative marking.
The syllabus for the test would consists of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. The syllabus of the topics shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine Dermatology and Venerelogy||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||25|
|Total Number of Question||300|
One topic of major importance to you is the dates of the examination, so the dates are as follows.
AIPGMEE 2017 Exam Dates
|AIPGMEE Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Notification of AIPGMEE 2017||September, 2016|
|Online Registration for AIPGMEE 2017||September – October 2016|
|AIPGMEE 2017 Exam Date||December 2016|
|Declaration of Results||February, 2017|
AIPGMEE 2017 Counselling
Those of you who have not appeared and cleared the entrance exam would not be eligible to attend the counseling session. If candidates qualify the entrance exam, a call letter would be issued in favor of the candidate inviting him/her for the AIPGMEE 2017 Counselling. The selections process is based on the rank which candidates acquire in the examination. This exam and selection process would help you gain admission a a number of good colleges.
Related Articles on AIPGMEE 2017
Other PG National Level Medical Entrance Exams
|AIIMS PG 2017||JIPMER PG 2017|
|AIPGDEE 2017||KLEU PGAIET 2017|
|AIPGMEE 2017||MGM CET 2017|
|DNB CET 2017||MU OET PG Medical 2017|