AILET 2017 commonly known as All India Law Entrance Test is a national level exam. It is conducted for the purpose of getting admission in various law programmes such as B.A, L.L.B, L.L.M and PhD at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Applicants who are interested can fill the application form from first week of January, 2017. The AILET exam is conducted by the National Law University, Delhi and it is affiliated with the BCI & UGC. The National Law University has 26 research centers such as Centre for Cyber Laws, Centre for Disaster Management and Law, Centre for Rights of Tribal’s, Centre for Tax Laws, Centre for Training of Faculty, Centre for Gender Justice Etc. The AILET Entrance Exam shall be conducted in the month of May, 2017 respectively at different examination centers in all the states across India.
|AILET 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||AILET|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||National Law University, Delhi|
|Exam Stream||Law Entrance Exam|
AILET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants need to satisfy the below conditions to apply for the AILET 2017 examination:
For B.A and L.L.B (Hons)
- Applicant must have done their Higher Secondary School Examination or its equivalent examination from a recognized University to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must score a minimum aggregate of 50% in their examination to be eligible for AILET exam.
- Applicant must be below 21 as on 1st July, 2015 and 23 in case of SC/ ST category applicants.
- Applicants appearing for the 12th examination can also apply for the examination.
For L.L.M Programme
- Applicant must be passed in L.L.B or its equivalent examination from a recognized university to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must score at least 55% of aggregate marks in their L.L.B (50% in case of SC/ ST category) to be eligible.
- Applicant must be passed in L.L.M Degree from a known university to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must score at least 55% of aggregate marks in their L.L.M to be eligible (50% in case of SC/ ST category)
AILET 2017 Application form
Steps to apply for the examination are as follows:
Step 1: Applicants have to visit www.nludelhi.ac.in to register for the examination.
Step 2: Applicants must click on AILET 2017 and fill the basic details to register for the test.
Step 3: Applicants have complete the form by filling their personal, qualification and other details as mentioned in the application form.
Step 4: To complete the procedure applicants need to pay their application fees through DD in favour of Registrar, National Law University, Delhi, payable at Delhi.
AILET 2017 Application Fees
Applicants must pay their application fees to register for the test
General students: Rs 3000/-
SC/ ST students: Rs1000/-
AILET 2017 Exam Pattern
The AILET 2017 exam will have 150 multiple choice objective type questions.
The time for the examination will be for 90 minutes.
The distribution of questions and marks of the exam is as follows:
|Section||Subjects||No of Questions||Marks|
AILET 2017 Exam Dates
|AILET Exam Events||Important Dates|
|AILET 2017 Online Applications Starts||First week of January, 2017|
|Last date for submission of Applications||2nd week of March, 2017|
|Issue of AILET 2017 E-Admit Cards||2nd week of April, 2017|
|AILET 2017 Test Date||April 30, 2017 from 3 pm to 4.30 pm|