AIIMS 2018 MBBS Exam Pattern will help the candidates to understand the overall sketch of the examination. The All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi conducts the AIIMS 2018 MBBS entrance exam for the admission of candidates in an undergraduate medical course at AIIMS Institute. The exam pattern will specify the rules and regulation of the exam which will help the candidates to prepare and plan in advance before applying for the examination. The AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be held on 28th May 2018. The exam will be a computer based test, thus will be conducted online. The AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam will be conducted in two sessions, i.e. morning and evening session. The morning session exam will be conducted from 9:00 am- 12:00 pm, and the evening session will be conducted from 3:00 pm- 6:30 pm. Interested candidates can apply for the exam from the official website on or before the due date. The AIIMS 2018 MBBS exam pattern states the length of the exam, important subjects, marking scheme, total number and type of questions etc. Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern carefully before sitting for the examination. Candidate can view the exam pattern in detail mentioned in this post.
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Exam Pattern
- The question paper will be provided in either English or Hindi as per candidate’s preference.
- Each right reply candidates will get 1 mark and 1/3 of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- It is a Computer based exam which consists of 200 multiple choice objective type questions.
- The period of the exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The structure of the paper is given below:
|Subjects||No of Questions|
|Biology (Zoology & Botany)||60|
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Those candidates who are securing high percentile in Biology section will be placed higher at merit
- In case of further ties, those applicants securing higher percentile in Chemistry section will be given first preference over others
- In case of further ties, those students securing high percentile in Physics section will be given priority
- If tie persists, candidate senior in age will be placed in the merit
- Circular Motion
- Wave Motion: Optics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, the first law of Thermodynamics.
- Electro-Magnetic Induction
- Nuclear Physics
- Electronic Devices
- Structure of Atom
- Molecule and Chemical Bond
- Periodic Properties of Elements
- Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
- The State of Matter
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Reproductive System
- Developmental Biology
- Diversity of Animal Life
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development.
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
- Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
- The internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis.
- History, Importance, Factors and mechanism
- Transpiration and respiration
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
- Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals.
- Tropic and turgor movements
- Botany and Human Welfare
Mode of Exam – AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam will be conducted in online mode which is a computer based test. You will have to make your answer’s choice in computer only and no sheet will be given to you for a scratch work.
Date of Exam – The exam of AIIMS MBBS 2018 is all set to be conducted on 28th May 2018.
Session of Exam – AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be held in two different sessions which are morning session and afternoon session. The Morning session will be conducted from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon) and the Afternoon session will be organised from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
Exam Language – AIIMS MBBS 2018 is an online test (computer based) so it will be conducted in English and Hindi language. These are the only two language option you have to appear for AIIMS MBBS 2017 examination, where you will have to choose your preferred language of the exam in which you will be comfortable to appear for the exam. You can choose your preferred language while applying online for the examination in the application form.
Number of Questions – AIIMS MBBS 2018 question booklet will consist of 200 questions. 60 questions each for Physics, Chemistry and Biology section and rest 20 questions for General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking sections each.
Questions Type – AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam will be based on multiple choice and reason-assertion. Every question will consist of 4 multiple choices where you must choose a most appropriate answer (selection at your best) out of them all.
Marking Scheme – You will get 1 mark for each correct answer, while for every incorrect response it will have a negative marking of -1/3 marks for each. No mark will be allotted for any unanswered question (no answer no mark).
|Question Type||Marking Scheme|
|Incorrect Answer||-1/3 (one-third)|
Qualifying Marks in AIIMS MBBS 2018 – This is according to the official brochure of AIIMS MBBS 2018, If you belong to General category then you should secure a minimum of 50 percentile in the entrance exam. And if you belong to SC/ST category then it is 40 percentile for the same. Securing 45 percentile is a must for OBC category candidates in order to qualify for AIIMS MBBS 2018 examination.
Methods of Determining Merit of two sessions – Overall merit will be determined by merging of percentiles of total scores of both the sessions, i.e. Morning session and Afternoon session.
Tie Breaker of AIIMS MBBS 2018
The following are the method of resolving ties in AIIMS MBBS 2018
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Syllabus
Here we are going to display AIIMS Entrance Exam Syllabus 2018 in the beneath section:
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Physics Syllabus
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Chemistry Syllabus
Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry
Section B: Organic Chemistry
Section C: Physical Chemistry
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Zoology Syllabus
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Botany Syllabus
These were the categorised syllabus for all the subjects of AIIMS 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Exam Result
The examination AIIMS 2018 MBBS results would be released in the month of June 2017 by the conducting authority. Those who secure the minimum qualifying marks, the result would be declared for them only. In order to view the results, you would be asked to enter your name, roll number, category, and fathers name.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling Schedule
Expected Counselling Schedule to be held at AIIMS, New Delhi
03rd, 04th, 05th & 06th July of 2018
03rd August of 2018
05th September of 2018
Open Counselling for AIIMS, New Delhi.
26th September of 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Cut offs
Percentile cut offs for different categories will be like following. If the percentiles of both shifts are not equal, then the lower percentile of both shifts will be cut off.
SC / ST
|Cutoffs of the respective category|
In every category, the total numbers of candidates are expected to be called for counselling will be 4 times of the number of seats available in each category. All reserved category candidates who qualify in the open/ general merit list must attend the counselling for open category seats.