Table of Content
Applications are called in for Academy of Maritime Education and Training (AMET) Ph.D. Admissions 2017. Here in this article you would get complete details about Academy of Maritime Education and Training (AMET) Ph.D. Admissions 2017 such as its eligibility criteria, important dates, application procedure, etc.
AMET (Academy of Maritime Education and Training) is India’s first Marine University for maritime related training, education and research. AMET is well established as a private maritime institute. A wide range of courses which are approved by Directorate General of Shipping and University Grants Commission consisting vocational certificates at many levels, bachelor degrees and diplomas as well as PG postgraduate degrees and certificates including doctorates.
The following Ph.D. programs are offered in the fields of research:
|Maritime Education||Marine Engineering||Nautical Science|
|Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering||Harbour and Ocean Engineering||Coastal Engineering|
|Coastal / Marine Management||Inland Water Studies||Estuarine Studies|
|Petroleum Engineering||Marine Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Maritime Policies|
|Shipping and Logistics Management||Maritime Law & Marine Insurance||Maritime Fleet Operations Management|
|Port Management||Marine Biotechnology||Interdisciplinary|
|Allied Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English, Life Sciences) and Marine Information Technology|
AMET Ph.D. Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Last date for receipt of Application Forms||01st Jan, 2017|
AMET Ph.D. Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the admissions you need to possess a Master’s Degree or M.Phil or M.S. (By Research) of this University or any other qualification which is recognized and equivalent thereto in the field of study notified by the University from time to time.
You need to have gained at least 55% marks if you belong to general category and 50% marks if you belong to ST/SC category or CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale for general category and 5.0 for ST/SC category in the qualifying examination.
How to apply for AMET Ph.D. Admissions 2017?
- You need to first visit the official website of AMET University and download the application form online.
- You would then have to fill up the application form with all the necessary details.
- Then you would have to proceed further and attach the following documents with the form:
- Attested copies of Under-graduate and Post-graduate certificates and mark sheets
- Demand Draft for Rs. 1000 (Application Fee) in favour of The Registrar, AMET University, payable at Chennai
- One page write-up about the proposed research work
- The completely filled up application form needs to be sent along with the enclosures to
135, EAST COAST ROAD,
KANATHUR – 603112, INDIA.
AMET Ph.D. Admissions 2017 Reservation Criteria